Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R6, V710 or R1

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:05 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default R6, V710 or R1

I have been running the Nitto NT01 since cording the outer edge of my Hoosier R6 after 5 track days( -1.7 camber ). I went with the Nitto's because I was looking for something with a bit more longevity but now I'm thinking of heading back to the slicks since increasing the camber to -2.7. Has anyone ran the BFG R1's or Kumho V710 for track duty? I'm interested in your experiences concerning grip and wear. If you have compared these to the Hoosier R6's I would be interested in that as well. Thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 08:29 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 02impactblue
I have been running the Nitto NT01 since cording the outer edge of my Hoosier R6 after 5 track days( -1.7 camber ). I went with the Nitto's because I was looking for something with a bit more longevity but now I'm thinking of heading back to the slicks since increasing the camber to -2.7. Has anyone ran the BFG R1's or Kumho V710 for track duty? I'm interested in your experiences concerning grip and wear. If you have compared these to the Hoosier R6's I would be interested in that as well. Thanks
my worthless opinion is ....

v710 and r6's are very similar, sorta r6 at temperature has a little more grip, maybe 1/2 second on a 1 to 1.5 mile course. khumos come in earlier and also can take a little more heat so they don't get greasy as soon and they squeak right before they let go. r6's seem to be pretty quiet and let go with little warning. and khumo v710 last longer than a R6 and khumos seem to grip all the way down to the belts, where r6 seems to loose stick after a few heat cycles

i haven't tried the new square sidewall v710, anyone here like those?

you want to win go R6 or if you want to win all the time get Michelin radial X slicks...2 seconds faster than any DOT slick
Old 08-15-2009, 09:26 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Outer edges? rubbing on the fender lip from suspension compression is possible.

check you fender lips for rubber or marks
Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Outer edges? rubbing on the fender lip from suspension compression is possible.

check you fender lips for rubber or marks
what are you referring too?

Get notified of new replies

To R6, V710 or R1

Quick Reply: R6, V710 or R1