Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POCONO Sunday National Results...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 PM
jfaphoenix32
Supporting Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Default POCONO Sunday National Results...

Well, thank you everyone for the kind words on the other post. It was a fun race and great to race again in T1 with Tom, Dave, Joe G, Dave P., Judy Plus the A sedan cars..

The race was grueling in the heat. Fortunately there was an intermission on lap 8 (full course yellow) for Timmy Hund.. (He is ok, T-2 car is not) and I got lucky towards the end when Tom Sloe encountered a mechanical issue and had to drop out.....

Tom's was very fast and drove ferociously and his car was obviously well built... His car just rocketed off the turns. Congrats to Ron Hutter on a well executed car.. Good luck at the runoffs.

It was an interesting test for me.... I got a good jump on the restart which kept me ahead of Dave, Dave and Joe and concentrated on making no mistakes and staying out front. No lap records, no fast laps and no serious driving errors (lots of bloopers though!!)

Thanks To Kurt and Brian for keeping the car in great shape and to mark for patience while building and debugging the car! Cliff woke me out of a midday slumber and encouraged me race hard, while Cousin Al cooked up a couple of extra larger cheese burgers to help me maintain my weight and ballast in that LS3 porker!!!

Special thanks to Andrew for helping load trailers up in Three rivers and not coming to Pocono so I got a chance to drive.. I almost wasn't going to race the car after the lousy weekend up in Three rivers, but like they say sometimes the blind squirrel finds a nut!!

More to come later and hopefully Dave P will post his incar so We can see all the action..

Thanks again every one for the kind words and encouragement.

Joe
Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jfaphoenix32
Tom's was very fast and drove ferociously and his car was obviously well built... His car just rocketed off the turns.
Joe
Joe, nice job! 49 more to go for the century win mark there!

Could a good suspension setup vaulting the car out from apex be the result of higher straight-a-way speeds that were reported, and not HP?

Don't answer Joe!

Mike
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yea in car vids Congratulations!

Get notified of new replies

To POCONO Sunday National Results...

Quick Reply: POCONO Sunday National Results...