Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aviaid

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Aviaid

I looking for additional info regarding Aviaid's sump baffle and windage tray. If anyone is running this setup please chime in. I only found one setup that I'm sure will work or I should solve the oil starvation issues in the C6 Z06 the "A.R.E." but that's pretty much a race setup It's over kill for my driving style, wallet and warranty on visual inspection the other, Aviaid isn't a visual issue. I'd could throw in the LPE tank along with the Avaid and still be under the price of the A.R.E. setup. I'm looking for input TIA
Old 08-18-2009, 07:12 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

After speaking with them, I bought it. I have not installed it yet, but you should call them, they have been doing dry sumps for 40 years and really know their stuff.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:41 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

what parts did u buy gary?
i was thinking tank insert at the least and lingenfelter tank
Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Will the LPE tank work with Aviaid's baffle they are different sizes,
a few member have bought the Aviaid setup but no one I know has installed it. does anyone know of a C6 Z06 owner that has installed a Aviaid setup?

Last edited by Cloaked323; 08-18-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:02 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

In speaking with the gent there, it made alot of sense to do the trap doors to keep the oil around the scavenge pickup to keep more oil in the tank. While a bigger tank is always a good idea, I did not get it, but got the baffle that keeeps the aeration down like what is in my Peterson dry sump tank in my other car. When I have the pan off, I will inspect the rod bearings after 23K miles and 40+ track days while using Royal Purple #21 oil, and maybe change the valve springs. I spin the motor tight, like 7K routinely because I do not want to shift then downshift into Loudon T1 and T6.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:55 PM
fire_n_ice
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Will the LPE tank work with Aviaid's baffle they are different sizes,
a few member have bought the Aviaid setup but no one I know has installed it. does anyone know of a C6 Z06 owner that has installed a Aviaid setup?
I just had my dealer install the LPE tank along with the Aviaid insert. Have not been to the track with it, yet, but forum member "66L72" has the same setup and been using it for a few track days at Mosport already.

Ramon
Old 08-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fire_n_ice
I just had my dealer install the LPE tank along with the Aviaid insert. Have not been to the track with it, yet, but forum member "66L72" has the same setup and been using it for a few track days at Mosport already.

Ramon
Thanks for the info
Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have just acquired several LPE tank lower halfs and AVIAD baffles for a couple of customer cars, makes nothing but good sense...

The 09 cars have different part#'s for the oil pan, but I have not looked to see what the differences are. Anyone know what the differences are ????

I may just jerk the one off of the 06 car and take a looksee..............

Get notified of new replies

To Aviaid

Quick Reply: Aviaid