Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lap times

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 09:57 PM
lyonsac4242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lap times

Hey guys,

In my 5th event (hot lapping), i ventured out to the Autobahn with a buddy of mine who is lucky enough to be a member. I have an 05 Z51, pretty much stock besides better rotors and track pads. We were running the south circuit (2.1 miles). For the 1st time I was getting comfortable heel-toe shifting, and to keep engine temps down, I was shifting between 5750 and 6000rpm for the most part. I'm just curious what more experienced guys are running as far as lap times (another C6 no ZO6 or C5 ZO6). What can I say, I am a competitive guy and just want to know how far behind the fast guys I really am... Thanks
Scott

best of around 1:42.8 or so, mostly 1:43s and 1:44s
Old 08-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lyonsac4242
Hey guys,

In my 5th event (hot lapping), i ventured out to the Autobahn with a buddy of mine who is lucky enough to be a member. I have an 05 Z51, pretty much stock besides better rotors and track pads. We were running the south circuit (2.1 miles). For the 1st time I was getting comfortable heel-toe shifting, and to keep engine temps down, I was shifting between 5750 and 6000rpm for the most part. I'm just curious what more experienced guys are running as far as lap times (another C6 no ZO6 or C5 ZO6). What can I say, I am a competitive guy and just want to know how far behind the fast guys I really am... Thanks
Scott

best of around 1:42.8 or so, mostly 1:43s and 1:44s
Where you out Saturday in the blue C6?

I was out giving rides to members of the NCCC National Council of Corvette Clubs) in my race car. (#12)

For your first time out, you did okay. Remember,
we did have rain the night before and although he air temp was perfect, the track grip level was a little green until later in the day so the track was running slightly slower than usual. (1-1.5 seconds)

Autobahn is a technical track and it really takes seat time to shave seconds.

A fast time for a stock C6 on OEM rubber is 1:39:xx.

For reference, fast times but not records are:

Stock:

A C5 Z06 -- 1:37:xx
A C6 Z06 -- 1:36:xx

A C5 Z06 T1 -- 1:34xx (Hoosiers)

I have run my C6 Z06 -- 1:34 with coilovers and MPSCs (not as grippy as Hoosiers).

My C6-R runs 1:26:xx (Pilgrim has driven my car a few times and shaved 2-3 seconds from that. )

Shoot me a PM when you come back out again and I'll take you out for a few laps.

Mike
Old 08-24-2009, 07:30 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
My C6-R runs 1:26:xx (Pilgrim has driven my car a few times and shaved 2-3 seconds from that. )
Damn
Old 08-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Damn
Oh yea, and it gets more humbling as he did it on his 1st visit to the track and the second time ever driving the car. It was well worth the humbling as he helped me at many events dial in the suspension.

Anyway, back to topic, if Pilgrim or ilk drove a stock C6 I'd bet we'd see 1:33:xx, but the OP asked for fast times, not pro times!

Mike
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 PM
lyonsac4242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default feedback

Yup, that was me in the blue C6. I remember giving you the go ahead to pass me on the last straight and listening to that beast of a C6R roar by me. I did notice the track was a bit slick in the morning. My last and best session was around 1:30pm. I'd love to go around the track in that beast with you. Will pm you next time I head down there. Thanks for the lap times info, wish I had more time and $ to work on getting my times down. Seat time is king.

Scott

Get notified of new replies

To Lap times

Quick Reply: Lap times