Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just got a note from BIR (open track all labor day weekend)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:09 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default I just got a note from BIR (open track all labor day weekend)

Forget about the state fair. I'm thinking about running on Sunday!!!

Randy
Old 09-02-2009, 12:35 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dose my car have to be busted. ugg Gona give you a shout randy found a motor possibly and i want your opinion. it'll be a standby till i can fully afford what i want us to build
Old 09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! I took off today to celebrate my buddies 21st and now am going back to over the road trucking this whole weekend! Had I known about this I would have wished him a happy birthday and had all weekend off to go racing. Bummer. Oh well there's still a few track events left this year that I should be able to make it too. I will have to give you a call next week when I am on the road to see if you went Randy and how it was. Hope you have fun and the car does good.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:50 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

what they charging per day damn would be fun but oil upgrades arent done yet
Old 09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dvandentop
what they charging per day damn would be fun but oil upgrades arent done yet
About 260 or so, including the school time in the AM. The lunch is included.

Open track all day long!!!

Randy
Old 09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Git Er Dun
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! I took off today to celebrate my buddies 21st and now am going back to over the road trucking this whole weekend! Had I known about this I would have wished him a happy birthday and had all weekend off to go racing. Bummer. Oh well there's still a few track events left this year that I should be able to make it too. I will have to give you a call next week when I am on the road to see if you went Randy and how it was. Hope you have fun and the car does good.
It sounds like I'm not going The wife has me on a tight budget, because we are all ready planning next years, intro to wheel to wheel. I maybe building a new car and etc. I have to pay for racing the shop doesn't cover it

Randy
Old 09-03-2009, 07:09 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
It sounds like I'm not going The wife has me on a tight budget, because we are all ready planning next years, intro to wheel to wheel. I maybe building a new car and etc. I have to pay for racing the shop doesn't cover it

Randy
I have family coming into town or I would head up.

Just corded another left side tire up there. I might have to swap tires from one side to the other half way through the day from now.

Randy - We should talk this winter about the wheel to wheel. I am leaning towards getting into it next year.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I envy you guys i'd love to get into W2W racing i was gona start this year with renting a car but unforunatly a farm just dosen't yield very well to a racing schedule. if you guys fall short on a grease monkey for a trip and need another set of semi strong hands i'd be up for helping though if i can get away from the farm
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
We should talk this winter about the wheel to wheel. I am leaning towards getting into it next year.
Not with the Z I hope.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

I have family coming into town or I would head up.

Just corded another left side tire up there. I might have to swap tires from one side to the other half way through the day from now.

Randy - We should talk this winter about the wheel to wheel. I am leaning towards getting into it next year.
BIR is not friendly to the LF. I just increased a bit more camber in the left front. Do you start that one lower in tire pressure? It maybe time to whack some more camber into it.

Let's cut that Z up and build a race car!!! Cage, fire system and some nets and you are good to go racing

Randy
PS I will be up there on the 14th for the Vette event
Old 09-03-2009, 10:00 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sperkins
Not with the Z I hope.
The AtomicZ is about as close as you can get to a race car and still call it a street. I have tracked it hard about 17 days total over the last 3 summers. I am fortunate enough that my wife's fun car is a 2008 Z06 427 Edition.

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
BIR is not friendly to the LF. I just increased a bit more camber in the left front. Do you start that one lower in tire pressure? It maybe time to whack some more camber into it.

Let's cut that Z up and build a race car!!! Cage, fire system and some nets and you are good to go racing

Randy
PS I will be up there on the 14th for the Vette event
I am seriously considering doing the full monty on AtomicZ. There are some household politics involved with spending the dough on that kind of a project plus the time commitment of W2W.

I'm all for some more camber. Problem is - probably only a couple more track days before I head to the TX Mile and I don't want a lot of camber for that event.

I am signed up for the 14th and looking forward to going 3 for 3 cording left tires on the short course.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

how are the vrl tires working out for ya?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 AM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dvandentop
how are the vrl tires working out for ya?
Just corded the first set. They had 8 heat cycles on them when I got them. I used them at VIR for two days then BIR this last Monday. They are not near as good as a fresh set of R6's but considering the price - who is going to argue. They have decent grip(not great) through the corners and they allow me to get on the gas fairly early coming out. I felt they got a little greasy after about 20 minutes.

ok - 8 heat cycles when I got them. I think 8 heat cycles at VIR. So went to BIR after 16 heat cycles. At this point they are better than street tires but they have lost a lot of grip. BIR is infamous for ruining left front tires. I spent the day running 80-90% never pushing overly hard because the tires just didn't feel like they had it. Actually went completely sideways in turn 2 with a passenger in the car - a pretty fast turn at BIR - interesting moment. By the end of the day I was having to brake early and really go easy into the corners. And of course I corded the left front tire.

I know - way to much info - but I am on my second red bull and 3 cups of coffee after golfing this morning.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Just corded the first set. They had 8 heat cycles on them when I got them. I used them at VIR for two days then BIR this last Monday. They are not near as good as a fresh set of R6's but considering the price - who is going to argue. They have decent grip(not great) through the corners and they allow me to get on the gas fairly early coming out. I felt they got a little greasy after about 20 minutes.

ok - 8 heat cycles when I got them. I think 8 heat cycles at VIR. So went to BIR after 16 heat cycles. At this point they are better than street tires but they have lost a lot of grip. BIR is infamous for ruining left front tires. I spent the day running 80-90% never pushing overly hard because the tires just didn't feel like they had it. Actually went completely sideways in turn 2 with a passenger in the car - a pretty fast turn at BIR - interesting moment. By the end of the day I was having to brake early and really go easy into the corners. And of course I corded the left front tire.

I know - way to much info - but I am on my second red bull and 3 cups of coffee after golfing this morning.
2 red bulls and 3 cups of coffee. Why don't you bring the check book up to the shop and we can get working on the race car conversion

I can bring up a spare tire for you, 275, 315 or a 335

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To I just got a note from BIR (open track all labor day weekend)

Quick Reply: I just got a note from BIR (open track all labor day weekend)