Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports at The Glen

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 04:57 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LG Motorsports at The Glen

I attended the Trackmasters HPDE at The Glen held on 8/31/09 and 9/01/09.
Trackmasters is my favorite and local HPDE organizer. At this event we were told that LG Motorsports would be in attendance testing his rebuilt ALMS GT2 car.
This was good timing for me because I had just installed a set of LGM coilovers and T1 bars in my C6 and would be doing some testing of my own.
Lou and the LGM race team was still in the process of reassembling the car when they parked it in the pit garage. This is one hard working race team.
As you can imagine everyone in the pits including members of the Rochester NY Corvette Club that came to The Glen only to see LGM were all over the race car.
Lou, Louis and Anthony took time out from the race car work and testing to answer questions, work on customer’s cars and make recommendations.
At one point between my track sessions I caught Lou under a customer’s C5 ZO6 doing a toe adjustment. I am sure that this was one of many customers that got attention from the master.
On the second day of the event I was one of the lucky customers that had a few laps in Lou’s race tire equipped 2010 ZR1. This man is an unbelievable, fearless, talented, and FAST driver. He put all 638 HP (-16%) to the ground. He drove over the Bus Stop like it was not there. I hope I did not damage his front seat hanging on with both hands gripping the leather.
Louis and Anthony volunteered to do tire pyrometer readings on my C6 during the ALMS GT2 testing time. What a thrill that was to pull into the pits for a tire temperature check with Lou’s racer pulling out onto the track.
I was so impressed with the LGM interaction with customers that I just felt like I needed to tell other members about my experience. Talking about being impressed, my new coilovers and T1 bars are more then impressing. This set-up turned my C6 into a real track car. C5s & C6s that were has fast as my Z51 C6 at other Glen events were now there to pass. The car corners as flat as flat can be. All in all I am very happy with my experience at The Glen.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:16 PM
0Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C6RAPTOR
I attended the Trackmasters HPDE at The Glen held on 8/31/09 and 9/01/09.
Trackmasters is my favorite and local HPDE organizer. At this event we were told that LG Motorsports would be in attendance testing his rebuilt ALMS GT2 car.
This was good timing for me because I had just installed a set of LGM coilovers and T1 bars in my C6 and would be doing some testing of my own.
Lou and the LGM race team was still in the process of reassembling the car when they parked it in the pit garage. This is one hard working race team.
As you can imagine everyone in the pits including members of the Rochester NY Corvette Club that came to The Glen only to see LGM were all over the race car.
Lou, Louis and Anthony took time out from the race car work and testing to answer questions, work on customer’s cars and make recommendations.
At one point between my track sessions I caught Lou under a customer’s C5 ZO6 doing a toe adjustment. I am sure that this was one of many customers that got attention from the master.
On the second day of the event I was one of the lucky customers that had a few laps in Lou’s race tire equipped 2010 ZR1. This man is an unbelievable, fearless, talented, and FAST driver. He put all 638 HP (-16%) to the ground. He drove over the Bus Stop like it was not there. I hope I did not damage his front seat hanging on with both hands gripping the leather.
Louis and Anthony volunteered to do tire pyrometer readings on my C6 during the ALMS GT2 testing time. What a thrill that was to pull into the pits for a tire temperature check with Lou’s racer pulling out onto the track.
I was so impressed with the LGM interaction with customers that I just felt like I needed to tell other members about my experience. Talking about being impressed, my new coilovers and T1 bars are more then impressing. This set-up turned my C6 into a real track car. C5s & C6s that were has fast as my Z51 C6 at other Glen events were now there to pass. The car corners as flat as flat can be. All in all I am very happy with my experience at The Glen.
Please tell me you have video.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Me too we need video!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:12 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports
There were many cameras in the pits. I was doing track time.
I should be able to get some photos from some of the Rochester Corvette Club members. Maybe someone also had a video.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
Me too we need video!
Lou just posted this video on YouTube thought you would like to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9b2eMipdZ0

It has The Glen test plus the rebuild of the GT2 car
Old 09-09-2009, 06:33 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Always a lot of fun out at the track with all of you.

Glad you had a lot of fun out there with us, especially the ride with Lou and the ZR1!

I told you the coil overs work! Makes a heck of a difference in the way the car feels on and off the track and it makes a very nice drive on the street as well!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice vid and cubic WORK Great team effort.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Always a lot of fun out at the track with all of you.

Glad you had a lot of fun out there with us, especially the ride with Lou and the ZR1!

I told you the coil overs work! Makes a heck of a difference in the way the car feels on and off the track and it makes a very nice drive on the street as well!

I trust you all got home safely.
Tell us about your new Zo6 that you picked up on the way home.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by C6RAPTOR

I trust you all got home safely.
Tell us about your new Zo6 that you picked up on the way home.
Everyone made it home nice and safe. Getting the car ready for Atlanta as we speak right now.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports at The Glen

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports at The Glen