Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vendors for Carbotech pads for Stoptech calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
9secz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vendors for Carbotech pads for Stoptech calipers?

Google has not been much help in my search for Carbotech vendors with a listing for Stoptech ST60 and ST40 calipers. Even the Carbotech web site lacks a listing for the Stoptechs, at least as far as I can tell.

I found a mention of CTST60-XP10 in another thread here, but Googling that part number turns up only the CF thread and a Swiss web site.

So, what are the part numbers for XP10 and XP8 pads for ST60 and ST40 calipers? Carbo buyers, where are you getting your pads?

Jeff
Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

Call carbotech direct... they just made XP-12s for my Wilwoods in 2 days.

They shipped them to the wrong address and billed the wrong CC but taht's a different story.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

or---http://porterfield-brakes.com/manufacturers/shop/Porterfield+Brakes.html
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I've only purchased Carbotech pads directly from Carbotech. They made me custom pads when I supplied backing plates.

San
Old 09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
H1ghlndr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Mike Jr. at Carbotech (jr@ctbrakes.com). He has been great with me. I just put on a Stoptech BBK and run XP12/10s in ST-60/40. Had the pads immediately. They stock them or are 2 days away.

I can't speak enough how timely and patient he has been with my questions and immediate service for pads and fluid and help. And...forum discount!

How do you like the Stoptechs? I just went with them.

Cheers,
Bob
Old 09-05-2009, 08:25 PM
9secz
Pro

Originally Posted by H1ghlndr
Call Mike Jr. at Carbotech (jr@ctbrakes.com). He has been great with me. I just put on a Stoptech BBK and run XP12/10s in ST-60/40. Had the pads immediately. They stock them or are 2 days away.

I can't speak enough how timely and patient he has been with my questions and immediate service for pads and fluid and help. And...forum discount!

How do you like the Stoptechs? I just went with them.

Cheers,
Bob
Looks like direct is the way to go. I'm happy with the Stoptechs with two reservations: One, I think the bias needs tweaking away from the rears, which is not surprising given the F/R difference in the factory setup. If I just brush the pedal in a washboard turn I get massive ABS pedal stutter.

Two, ST is not kidding about the supplied pads being street only! I needed to slow quickly after doing a bit of country road WOT tuning (up to about 145) and the pads REALLY stunk. I don't think they would last more than a lap or two, even with my 8/10 driving.

Jeff
Old 09-05-2009, 11:16 PM
0Robert@SPEEDSOUTH
Former Vendor

I probably have some on the shelf. We'll be back in the office Tues.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 AM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

The place I found for the best price on Carbotech pads is from Saferacer and with free shipping. Check out for C6Z06: http://www.saferacer.com/carbotech-c...productid=1972. Try this page for other Corvette Pads: http://www.saferacer.com/carbotech-c...productid=1971. If anyone knows of better prices please tell us all here. I'm always looking for better prices.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:42 AM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by USA1C5
The place I found for the best price on Carbotech pads is from Saferacer and with free shipping. Check out for C6Z06: http://www.saferacer.com/carbotech-c...productid=1972. Try this page for other Corvette Pads: http://www.saferacer.com/carbotech-c...productid=1971. If anyone knows of better prices please tell us all here. I'm always looking for better prices.
Correction to my above post. Prices are better for the C6Z06, which is what I was shopping brake pads for. Prices for regular C6, C5 etc. fall right into what Carbotech site list their suggested price is, but may still be cheaper from Saferacer with free shipping. Here is Carbotech's suggested price list: http://www.ctbrakes.com/pads/chevy.html
Old 09-07-2009, 12:07 PM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1C5
Correction to my above post. Prices are better for the C6Z06, which is what I was shopping brake pads for. Prices for regular C6, C5 etc. fall right into what Carbotech site list their suggested price is, but may still be cheaper from Saferacer with free shipping. Here is Carbotech's suggested price list: http://www.ctbrakes.com/pads/chevy.html
Call Danny Puskar at CT 877-899-5024. Great guy; he'll take good care of you. Regarding pricing, I believe CT gives a 10% discount to CF and CHIN members. Helps to offset the shipping costs. C5 XTC
Old 09-07-2009, 12:54 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C5 XTC
Call Danny Puskar at CT 877-899-5024. Great guy; he'll take good care of you. Regarding pricing, I believe CT gives a 10% discount to CF and CHIN members. Helps to offset the shipping costs. C5 XTC
Yes, the first set of Carbotech pads I purchased was that way with 10% discount but the next time I purchased Saferacer was cheaper with free shipping, at least for the C6Z06 pads. It would make more sense if buying for regular C6, C5 etc, to go the 10% discount route, particularly if shipping is free. I priced them many places and Sasferacer was cheaper for the C6Z06. Next time I purchase Carbotech (which want be long the way I go through pads) I'll price all places again everywhere and see what has changed.

Get notified of new replies

To Vendors for Carbotech pads for Stoptech calipers?

Quick Reply: Vendors for Carbotech pads for Stoptech calipers?