Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track day

Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 AM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,017 Likes on 566 Posts

Default Track day

Ran the car Saturday at Blackhawk farms. Car ran fantastic, stuck like glue in the corners, plenty of power in the straight, on stock rubber. 190 track miles and only burned up a little more then 1/2 quart of oil. Basically 3rd and 4th all day as track is pretty short, but a blast.
As a bonus i won a set of Bridgestone tires for my car, just a great day overall, thanks to MVP track time.
Also track pads and ate super blue fluid, cant forget that
Old 09-07-2009, 11:41 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

damn cant beat getting a free set of tires when u went racing, sounds like a good day for ya
Old 09-07-2009, 12:16 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Derek it was a blast. I'm getting more and more comfortable in the car with every track day. Learning something every time out. Only 4 under my belt, but soooo much better then my first time out. Learning to trust the car more, and it is incredible what it can do. Will put maybe 10 track days in before doing rubber or coilovers or anything like that. The learning curve is pretty big.

Last edited by blackvetterzo6; 09-07-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 367 Likes on 303 Posts

Glad you had fun! Did you take any video?

I went to Blackhawk farms for the first time this summer, it was a fun little track. The NASA event went well and BHF was wonderful to spectate the W2W races at. Sweet up close racing action! They had better food then Road America but I am happy to be going back there now for track time. The track was so short it felt a little go kartish.

It really felt odd to drive across the track when coming and going.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:29 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

No film, i'm probably going Oct 3rd back to Road America. All depends on weather. Wouldn't want to drive up there there in rain ,thats for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Track day

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Track day