Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Video: newb @ TWS back in March

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Default **Video: newb @ TWS back in March

Going through some in car video I found this. Wind noise is terrible. I've got a lonnng way to go but having a great time getting there! Be back at TWS end of this month.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 PM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you have the line mostly down. I felt like the camera was going to exit the vehicle at one point. One thing I do differently then a lot of people in higher hp cars is a low line into T1. I spun once to the inside of the corner going over the transition that you feel when you take the high line braking approach. My spin was my error and could have been prevented. I don't feel like that line gains anything over the possibility of upsetting the car at such high speed through the transition especially when in a DE environment. I have a couple of videos on youtube in what looks like a similarly prepped C5 if you want to take a look, including that spin video.

Oh, and my last time out on TWS I got a check ride to move up to Yellow but got a little embarrassed at the end of the check when my torque tube blew up coming out of T7.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:33 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by WBHighwind
Looks like you have the line mostly down. I felt like the camera was going to exit the vehicle at one point. One thing I do differently then a lot of people in higher hp cars is a low line into T1. I spun once to the inside of the corner going over the transition that you feel when you take the high line braking approach. My spin was my error and could have been prevented. I don't feel like that line gains anything over the possibility of upsetting the car at such high speed through the transition especially when in a DE environment. I have a couple of videos on youtube in what looks like a similarly prepped C5 if you want to take a look, including that spin video.

Oh, and my last time out on TWS I got a check ride to move up to Yellow but got a little embarrassed at the end of the check when my torque tube blew up coming out of T7.
Send me a link to the youtube vids. I've since been to another TDE event at Harris Hill Road in San Marcus (sweet track) and got a "check ride" to move to Yellow. I was approved to Yellow but had a mechanical as well, cut a line to my oil cooler. Lucky it was near pit-in, cleanup was minimal...repair was pain in the azzzzzz.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres the vid for the spin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0j80aYRIJk

You can get to my other videos from there.

Get notified of new replies

To **Video: newb @ TWS back in March

Quick Reply: **Video: newb @ TWS back in March