Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you going to BIR 9/14/09?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Ms Eliz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are you going to BIR 9/14/09?

Anybody going to Brainerd International Raceway for the HPDE tomorrow September the 14TH?

This will be my 3rd trip up there this year. I'm not certain if both courses will be open... I've got to drive the 3.1 mile and the new 2.5 mile and both are just a HOOT and a HOLLER! So no matter which course or both I'm sure it will be fun!

I just got my GoPro Hero video camera so I hope I can figure out out to take some fun videos. If so I'll post up a couple so you can all make fun of me

This event is sponsored by Suburban Corvettes of Minnesota. Details here: http://www.suburbancorvettesofminnes...DriversSchool/

Hope to see and meet some of you folks there, come say high to the ugly chick in the 03 MY C5 Z06

Ms Eliz
Old 09-13-2009, 10:10 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Unless the sky falls down, or other earth ending events take place inbetween now and 7AM. I will be there. We are installing a video setup from RaceCams today. So with any luck I will have some video also.

To my understanding just the short course will be used. I'm a big fan of the short course so it should be a good day!!!

Randy
I heard about 30 cars will be there
Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Ms Eliz
Racer

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
Unless the sky falls down, or other earth ending events take place inbetween now and 7AM. I will be there. We are installing a video setup from RaceCams today. So with any luck I will have some video also.

To my understanding just the short course will be used. I'm a big fan of the short course so it should be a good day!!!

Randy
I heard about 30 cars will be there
I hope to see you there tomorrow then! Last time I saw you was at the last one of these on the 3.1 course few months ago.
I just was able to get the day off...I'm not registered but thought what the heck I'll drive up and see whats cooking! You suppose they will let me in right? Of course with a check and all

Got anybody I can call by chance?

Thanks,
Ms Eliz
Old 09-13-2009, 12:14 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Call Rick Ohland @ 651-452-3575. He is the man.

I'll be up there Monday. There will also be a blue ZR1 making the trip plus a couple of Vipers and usually a white Ford GT.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Ms Eliz
Racer

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Call Rick Ohland @ 651-452-3575. He is the man.

I'll be up there Monday. There will also be a blue ZR1 making the trip plus a couple of Vipers and usually a white Ford GT.

No Atomic YOU THE MAN!
Thank you so much, I'm calling him now!
Ms Eliz
Old 09-13-2009, 05:11 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Atomic Z,
The brake fluid is in my truck already, so I don't forget
Old 09-13-2009, 10:44 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

Atomic Z,
The brake fluid is in my truck already, so I don't forget
Awesome - Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 06:41 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Awesome - Thanks
And I never gave it to you I think your blue super tape is still in my truck also

Randy
Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

And I never gave it to you I think your blue super tape is still in my truck also

Randy
I got the tape back with the extra helmet I brought. I do need the brake fluid though. I need to bleed my brakes and flush the clutch again.

Any thoughts on my shifter issue? I think I will throw in the short throw shifter I bought almost 2 years ago and see if it fixes the problem.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Ms Eliz
Racer

Great seeing you guys up there!

What a rush...Someday I hope to be in the "A" group with you hotdogs I'll need to get a BUNCH of mods to get in that small circle. I suspect some seat time too.

I gotta say I'm real happy how the car worked in the "B" group for sure. Passed most cars and nobody passed me...yet even with the clutch sticking problems NOT an invitation for every body to tell me about "The Ranger" method! I flush the clutch fluid before every track day and in between too...still happens all the time

Anyway I plan on going back up in October w/the Audi guys so hope to maybe see you all there again.

I got some video, so hopefully I can figure out how to post a couple up soon after I edit them down a bit. Files are HUMONGOUS right now. I like being able to get my lap times off the video too. I was running 1.55 to 2.01 laps depending on traffic.

Atomic I saw you in the mid to high 1.4's according to my Iphone lap timer...hauling butt sir!

Good luck as always!
Ms Eliz
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

I got the tape back with the extra helmet I brought. I do need the brake fluid though. I need to bleed my brakes and flush the clutch again.

Any thoughts on my shifter issue? I think I will throw in the short throw shifter I bought almost 2 years ago and see if it fixes the problem.
Nice, The pit crew on the ball. Well kinda anyways. Thanks for giving everyone rides in your hotrod, including myself. After watching the 3.5 hours of videos I was driving a bit wide coming out of 4 with you in the car That is a big no-no. But live and learn. My lap times got slower as the tire got hotter and hotter. But who cares had a good time and only broke about 7 dollars worth of parts, somebody cut down on the curbing in 4 a bit too hard and broke a splitter support.

Randy
Eric, I don't have your new address. PM me and I will ship it over, it's cheaper then driving a truck up here to pick it up.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ms Eliz
Atomic I saw you in the mid to high 1.4's according to my Iphone lap timer...hauling butt sir!
Ms Eliz
Coming out of 3, it's a blink of the eye and the car is braking for 4 already

Randy
Old 09-16-2009, 10:48 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

What a rush...Someday I hope to be in the "A" group with you hotdogs I'll need to get a BUNCH of mods to get in that small circle. I suspect some seat time too.
Ms Eliz
It's more about your experience. I saw some pretty slow cars in the A group. But they got out of the way very well. Well some of them in the dirt trying too hard. Just don't do that, drive your car and watch the mirror for faster cars coming. Just don't over drive, we have brakes that work very well and don't mind being held up a bit.

Randy
Old 09-16-2009, 11:18 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

This next picture is my favorite. I spent many of hours watching racing from the bleachers across the track from my car in this picture.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:25 PM
AtomicZ
Burning Brakes

I gotta say I'm real happy how the car worked in the "B" group for sure. Passed most cars and nobody passed me...yet even with the clutch sticking problems NOT an invitation for every body to tell me about "The Ranger" method! I flush the clutch fluid before every track day and in between too...still happens all the time

Anyway I plan on going back up in October w/the Audi guys so hope to maybe see you all there again.

I got some video, so hopefully I can figure out how to post a couple up soon after I edit them down a bit. Files are HUMONGOUS right now. I like being able to get my lap times off the video too. I was running 1.55 to 2.01 laps depending on traffic.

Good luck as always!
Ms Eliz
Thanks. My personal best to date is a 1:46. I'm sure I can lower that - I just need to kick out the passengers and go run a few clean hard laps.

Don't worry so much about your lap times. Getting seat time is the most important thing. Plus did you see the World Challenge car passing all of us. Now that was fast. I heard he runs 1:37-1:39's.

Nice, The pit crew on the ball. Well kinda anyways. Thanks for giving everyone rides in your hotrod, including myself. After watching the 3.5 hours of videos I was driving a bit wide coming out of 4 with you in the car That is a big no-no. But live and learn. My lap times got slower as the tire got hotter and hotter. But who cares had a good time and only broke about 7 dollars worth of parts, somebody cut down on the curbing in 4 a bit too hard and broke a splitter support.

Randy
Eric, I don't have your new address. PM me and I will ship it over, it's cheaper then driving a truck up here to pick it up.
Randy -

Wonder who the somebody was

I'll probably ride a motorcycle up this week or next to get brake fluid. I need to sit down with Doug and go over my TX Mile strategy.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Nice seeing everybody again and chatting with some. Randy, I never saw you out of the car. Everytime I saw you on the track I was running a cool down lap and had to speed back up some because I saw you coming hard. I think this happened every session. I hate holding people up or being held up. Even when I'm not on a cool down lap, running streets in the A group keeps me looking in the mirrors. Part of the fun.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:22 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
Nice seeing everybody again and chatting with some. Randy, I never saw you out of the car. Everytime I saw you on the track I was running a cool down lap and had to speed back up some because I saw you coming hard. I think this happened every session. I hate holding people up or being held up. Even when I'm not on a cool down lap, running streets in the A group keeps me looking in the mirrors. Part of the fun.
I spent a ton of time in the car 2.5 tanks of gas for the day. Something tells me that we will have plenty of time to play around on the track over the next 20 years.

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To Are you going to BIR 9/14/09?

Old 09-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

I spent a ton of time in the car 2.5 tanks of gas for the day. Something tells me that we will have plenty of time to play around on the track over the next 20 years.

Randy
20 years? Geez I hope so, just so it isn't in wheelchairs in the Nursing home.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
20 years? Geez I hope so, just so it isn't in wheelchairs in the Nursing home.
No nursing home for me. Throw me over the tire wall, burn my house down and give the wife the cash. Do you think that would hold up in court

Tell John the FAA, NASA, and Air Force called today looking for the fast moving red object, in and around BIR on 9-14-09.

Randy
Old 09-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Ms Eliz
Racer

It's more about your experience. I saw some pretty slow cars in the A group. But they got out of the way very well. Well some of them in the dirt trying too hard. Just don't do that, drive your car and watch the mirror for faster cars coming. Just don't over drive, we have brakes that work very well and don't mind being held up a bit.

Randy
Thank you Randy, good advise sir! The best veiwing was definetly turn 12...saw dirt fly there all day long and a few run offs.
The only time I got in trouble was entering turn 8, I overbraked and it got squirrly and VERY loose but I kept it on the track. I had accidently turned off my nanny instead of having it in comp mode. It was a thrill ride for sure...
Ms Eliz

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are you going to BIR 9/14/09?