Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my brake/wheel combo

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:23 PM
BLKOHZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my brake/wheel combo

How much of an improvment over the stock oem brakes /wheels will I notice at the track. I just bought the car and never drove a Z06 with stock brakes to compare. I have Fikse 18x9.5/265-35-18, 18x11/295-35-18 PS2's. I know a softer tire would help. Brakes are pro matrix wilwood vented rotors front and back with SSBC tri power brake calipers up front and stock calipers out back. The brake fluid has been changed to ATE super blue and the front brake lines are replaced with stainless hard lines.Pads are whatever SSBC come with. This would be my first time at a roadracing track
Old 09-20-2009, 09:33 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Quite a bit, however if this is your first time you'll never really know. just remember the less you use them the better they will be when you do need them and you'll be faster too
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Find out the pad compound in use before you do any track event.

Wilwood "ProMatrix" is just a buzz word for marketing. The compound will be based upon both the rotor package they offer and the pads used. Don't assume the pads in the SSBC are from them- if your former buyer has the ProMatrix set up then he most likely got the package of pads, rotors, and hoses.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
BLKOHZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few questions. Been trying to do some research on rotors. Mine are not drilled,only slotted with the black anodized hats. Do the hats help the rotor hold up under hard use ? I heard that the drilled ones are mainley for looks/bling affect is that correct? Can you tell what pads you have by a visual look at them?

Get notified of new replies

To my brake/wheel combo

Quick Reply: my brake/wheel combo