Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Corbeau FX1 have ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Omaha02Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Corbeau FX1 have ?'s

I just received my FX1 from the UPS guy and got it finally installed in the car. Man that was a tight fit. Anyway in order for the seat to clear the plastic trim for the seat belt retractor I had to remove one of the allen head screws. Is this OK to do?

This is the one I removed. It doesn't look like it did much??

And the other problem I have is that the seat is jammed against the trim covering the seat belt retractor therefore the slightest movement makes the trim creek something terrible. I tried taking the piece off but the seat just hits metal then. Any suggestions for fixing that problem?

Thanks

Chris
Old 09-21-2009, 01:29 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fits that way in mine too...

Yes the FX1 fits tight. I have an FX1 PRO for the driver and FX1 for the passenger. The FX1 fits really tight. Mine is jammed on the tunnel so the ear of the seat is not chaffing the door. The FX1 PRO did and I had to file it down. They both hit the seat belt retractor. It's ok. That bolt you pulled out is a side mount bolt. Only need it and the one at the other end if you are going to use side mount rail kit. I pulled them out too.

Putting any seat in a C5 and I'm sure a C6 is is a tight fit. Some things get scraped or beat up.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Omaha02Z06
Melting Slicks

Sounds like I’ll have to live with the creaking then.

What would be the best way to tilt the seat back using the Corbeau slider? I was thinking about shimming up the front with a few washers since the back of the mount is already flat against the carpet.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Omaha02Z06
Melting Slicks

I ran down to the hardware and got 6 washers to raise the front. Worked great! Now my whole back touches the seat. I also stuck a piece of cloth in between where the seat is rubbing and that cut down on the noise some but is still annoying. One thing that I thought is I have a Crazy Cowboy insulation kit in the car so that may be causing more of a tight fit than in a car w/o insulation. Good thing is the wing is about a fingers width off the door so I don’t think I’ll have to mess with that. It only hits when making a hard right hand turn.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:50 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

So you used the Corbeau mount and slider and it mostly worked? That's my next purchase and just wanting to make sure it works.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 AM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah lifting the front with washers didn't do enough for me. The slider makes the seat sit too high too. I took the back feet on the seat and cut them off. Kept the front feet. That still really doesn't make me happy. I'm going with a side mount rail kit when I get chance. I'm also swapping out the drivers seat for a different brand. I sat in RaceTech seat at the NCM event in Eric's car and fell in love. I could sit in that seat all day. The Corbeau is not comfortable.

The things we do to get this stuff in our cars.... lol...

Get notified of new replies

To New Corbeau FX1 have ?'s

Quick Reply: New Corbeau FX1 have ?'s