Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smith Brothers

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:29 AM
jfrc
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smith Brothers

I am wanting to purchase a set of these oil restricting push rods for my LS6 heads. I have searched on the forum, and have not seen anybody post a part number. I've checked their catalog, even emailed tech for assistance, and they just sent me the dang catalog if you haven't visited it, there are no engine catagories, etc.... it's just an endless listing of sizes, tips, etc..... i really do not care to "guess" at this purchase. thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 12:18 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I think everything is custom order. You specify the length you need, the ends you want, and they build them for you.

according to my notes, I used NH54B-D, and the stock length is 7 13/32". I use an oil restrictor on one end, but I'm not sure if that part number includes that or not.

***I cannot guaranteed ANY of the above info is correct. I've always called them and had them walk me through what I need**** However, these notes should be correct, but can't promise
Old 09-24-2009, 04:22 PM
jfrc
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I think everything is custom order. You specify the length you need, the ends you want, and they build them for you.

according to my notes, I used NH54B-D, and the stock length is 7 13/32". I use an oil restrictor on one end, but I'm not sure if that part number includes that or not.

***I cannot guaranteed ANY of the above info is correct. I've always called them and had them walk me through what I need**** However, these notes should be correct, but can't promise
i hear ya, i don't memorize every detail of my car. it's a great start. thanks for your help
Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 PM
0Vector Vette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5/16" diameter rod, 7.40" is the stock length, .040" oil restrictor.
Robert Finlayson
Performance AFX Motorsports
Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a brand new set still in package with exact specs above. Long story short, I purchased some parts from a vendor and they sent me the pushrods even after we were clear that I would measure for what length I needed before the pushrods would be shipped. When I called them about it they told me I was stuck with them. I've hung on to them since I have not measured yet and am hoping they will fit. If you are interested I'll sell them for what I paid with free shipping if interested. Otherwise, I'll hang on to them and see what the vendor wants make this right. For now I'll stay quiet, but if I get hosed from the vendor on these and have to order a different length I will be sure to make it well known here.

Get notified of new replies

To Smith Brothers

Quick Reply: Smith Brothers