Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought data acq/video

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 04:25 PM
worldsaway
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought data acq/video

I've been looking at traqmate/chascam, MaxQ, and Race-Keeper for the last month or so. I probably will do 80% autox/20% track, and it seems like each one has strengths and weeknesses geared for one or the other. All my autox buddies have MaxQ, the PDA to replay after each run helps, but no OBD2link. And I'm technically challenged, so traqmate/chasecam have to be sync'ed up. I went with the race-keeper, even though I had reservations. I was a little worried after the thread on here a few months ago. But I ordered it from a race supplier I trust, so I'll keep y'all posted on it. I'll be testing it at the Trans-Louisianna Autocross Challenge sunday. Ed
Old 10-01-2009, 04:40 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by worldsaway
I've been looking at traqmate/chascam, MaxQ, and Race-Keeper for the last month or so. I probably will do 80% autox/20% track, and it seems like each one has strengths and weeknesses geared for one or the other. All my autox buddies have MaxQ, the PDA to replay after each run helps, but no OBD2link. And I'm technically challenged, so traqmate/chasecam have to be sync'ed up. I went with the race-keeper, even though I had reservations. I was a little worried after the thread on here a few months ago. But I ordered it from a race supplier I trust, so I'll keep y'all posted on it. I'll be testing it at the Trans-Louisianna Autocross Challenge sunday. Ed
Sounds like you made a good choice for your situation!!

Just FYI, I have a Traqmate and ChaseCam, and the data and video synch completely automatically.

If you use a different type of video cam I believe you'll have to manually synch the video and data, however it's very simple. Before I got the ChaseCam I had a small Aiptek video cam and using TraqStudio software the synching was very easy.

Bob
Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 PM
saibel
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look forward to your review as I am also in the market for one of these systems.
Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Just bought data acq/video

Quick Reply: Just bought data acq/video