Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Home made toe plates

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:08 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Home made toe plates

Anyone care to share their designs for home made toe plates?

Also, I've noticed that the ones you can buy (like the Longacre) lay flat against the tire which doesn't have a recess for the tire bulge. How can that be accurate?
Old 10-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

The longacre ones I have have a crease and are angled out at the bottom away from the tire.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:45 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Longacre ones do indeed have a kick out at the bottom and are very handy to use, take little space in my race tool kit(on the front of my trailer), etc...

The kick out is small and if not enough air in your tires could keep them from lining up, just add more air and they are fine

Rick
Old 10-04-2009, 06:09 PM
racerbob4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have used Longacre for 14 years and they are as accurate as your eyes are in reading the tape measures. After we make a change on the toe settings we bump the car up and down and roll is forward and back about 4 feet to be sure that the change is totally made. We have checked it against an expensive alignment setup and its very very close. Certainly good enough for track use.

Get notified of new replies

To Home made toe plates

Quick Reply: Home made toe plates