Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mongoose In-Car Video Autocross Run

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Mongoose In-Car Video Autocross Run

Wow, what a rainy day today here in St. louis. They canceled the thursday roadcourse due to heavy heavy rains but we were able to run the autocross.

I changed to rain tires and said lets do it, well I was fortunate enough to have a great 1st run even though I struggled to see out the lexan windshield with no wipers or rainx. Even tried the old shaving cream trick on the inside to help from fogging up but that didn't work as you will see in the video.

My 1st run was the fastest OVERALL with a 41.1 second time and the second place car ran a 42.0. It was the Super 7 Lotus car that got the closest and let me tell you, he earned it. Open roof and he was soaked but I give him credit for sticking it out.

I decided to save the car and not even run my 2nd & 3rd run since my first run wrapped it up.

Friday is the barrell run in the AM and then the roadcoarse in the afternoon. This is going to be run in the rain for sure since we can't extend the date to saturday when the weather clears up.

Here is a link to my one and only winning autocross run.

http://www.vimeo.com/6976308
Old 10-09-2009, 12:51 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Yeahhh! Dat was kinda wet.... Good Job!!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 936 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Wow good job! That looked like it was tuff to get through.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Today was still VERY WET again all day, but I managed to get OVERALL FTD in the barrell race by 1.5 seconds give or take.

Then we moved to the roadcourse and I also had OVERALL FTD there too with a lap time of 1:21.9 and the Lotus super 7 (stalker) was 2nd with a 1:25.9 so 5 seconds faster on that event. A LOT SLOWER than last year in the dry where I ran a 1:02.2.

We managed to sweep all 3 events again and take home the gold and the car is in one piece.This is the 3rd year in a row we swept all the events

Got video of the barrell race and the roadcourse but will have to wait till Monday to upload. At the airport now and delayed to cleveland, still have to load the Z06 race car tonight and head out for Mid-Ohio in the AM for a DBL SCCA race all weekend. I guess I didn't get enough racing this week.

BTW, the car has a 4" round tube chassis with 96 Corvette suspension and a DANA 44. See www.Mongoosems.com for all the specs and more details.

Aaron

P.S. I will start a new thread with both in-car videos next week so stay tuned for some soggy racing views in the rain.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Quacker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job Aaron I can't wait to see the video.
Good luck at Mid-Ohio
Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Very cool

Get notified of new replies

To Mongoose In-Car Video Autocross Run