Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mongoose GS Racecar in-car video Gateway International Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Mongoose GS Racecar in-car video Gateway International Raceway

Hope I'm not boring anyone with all these videos, just thought you might like to see some different things. I had a busy week of racing last week between RunnGun and Mid-ohio and thought I would share with my Corvette friends!

This is the annual Kit Car Run n Gun shootout that we do every year in St. louis at Gateway International Raceway. Factory Five,Backdraft,Stalker Lotus 7's,RCR replicas,Shell Valley,Gt 40's,etc.

www.Runngun.net

They want to see who can build the best car to Roadrace,autocross and normally drags but the track cut that out do to unsafe cars going 10's. So to replace that event they came up with a BARRELL race, just like a horse in a rodeo except cars.

It was a monsoon all 3 days but we ran anyways. I was in the new Mongoose GS racer with a GM crate LS376 CI with 515HP and weighed in at 2,550 with me in it.

This was ran like a NASA TT event where you had 25 minutes to get your best lap and there were 4 sessions. My best was a 1:21 and change and the Super 7 was 2nd with a 1:25 and change. little different then last years time of 1:02.2.

We won all 3 events in class and overall once again for the third year in a row. Thanks Mongoose for letting me drive your awesome cars even if it was in the rain this year.

Here is the Video, you can see me wiping the windshield/Lexan while trying to drive on the roadcourse.

Enjoy,

Aaron

http://www.vimeo.com/7086454

Old 10-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Quacker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell Gary to put in a trunk monkey button so you just push the button and he will jump out and wipe the windsheild for you.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:47 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Quacker
Tell Gary to put in a trunk monkey button so you just push the button and he will jump out and wipe the windsheild for you.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:35 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

That car had to be crazy in the rain, cool video...trying to go fast in the rain in someone else's car

Get notified of new replies

To Mongoose GS Racecar in-car video Gateway International Raceway

Quick Reply: Mongoose GS Racecar in-car video Gateway International Raceway