Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:04 AM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter

A great choice for any track enthusiast wanting a shifter that performs under the strains of track life.

In designing this shifter MTI Racing started from scratch, re-examining the material selection for every component and how each piece interfaces in the assembly. It is the only shifter that fits exactly like stock, including a tight seal around the factory closeout boot without modification. Also unlike any other aftermarket shifter, our new shifter has an integral dust boot over the shifter mechanism; it's not an afterthought or complete omission like most. This shifter is specifically engineered to deliver a reasonable throw reduction without excessive effort. For many, one drawback of other shifters is difficulty entering reverse; our design does not rely on bias springs and therefore minimizes the effort to enter reverse or the 5-6 gate. Rather than adding unnecessary resistance we focus on synergy with the transmission via a brand new unique self-lubricating pivot mechanism, not a copy of the same old thing like the others; our self-tensioning two-part fully spherical ball and socket design will always stay tight, quiet, and operate smoothly. It is the culmination of a relentless search for a shifter that would overcome the drawbacks we have witnessed in other shifters.

Order at www.mtiracing.com or call (770) 919-7774
$194.00 Fits all C5 and C6 version Corvettes.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:47 PM
flycastinguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No commercial here .... I just gotta give MTI their props on the shifter. I had one on my C6 and liked it so much that when I bought the C5, it was the first mod I made. It has the ease of a stock shifter, yet much closer with very positive gates. Always finds reverse and compared to others is relatively quiet. For the money one of the best mods I've done to the car.

Bob
Old 10-23-2009, 03:07 PM
ssdeuce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flycastinguy
No commercial here .... I just gotta give MTI their props on the shifter. I had one on my C6 and liked it so much that when I bought the C5, it was the first mod I made. It has the ease of a stock shifter, yet much closer with very positive gates. Always finds reverse and compared to others is relatively quiet. For the money one of the best mods I've done to the car.

Bob
Another very happy customer here.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter

Quick Reply: MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter