Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**RELEASE** Double Adjustible Bilstein package from LG Motorsports

Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default **RELEASE** Double Adjustible Bilstein package from LG Motorsports

Hi guys,

Always liked our Bilstein G2 coil over package but wanted adjustment? Well now there is an answer to what you have been looking for, with even more features!

The new adjustable damper is a complete ground up design taken from years of racing in the German DTM and European LeMans series. To date Bilstein has secured four titles in 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2006, with the champion in 2005, Gary Paffett, also being a Mercedes DTM driver. This year they also took the 2009 GrandAm series using this new shock on the #87 Farnbacher Loles Racing Porsche GT3. The shock has more than proven itself on the track and is now been approved for you the home user.

• Individual Damping Characteristic
  • Configurable Adjustment Range
  • 10 Well defined Clicks
  • Low Hysteresis
  • Low Friction
  • Perfect Reproducibility
  • Easy to Handle
  • Configurable Standard Dimensions

Some strong points of the new Shock Design include
  • Strong design at low weight
  • Good force stability at high forces
  • 46mm Piston Diameter
  • 1508mm² Piston working-area
  • For high forces up to 5000N in compression

Corvette Rear Adjustable Shock

Adjuster

Sample Dyno Graph (Corvette Valving not shown)

Shocks are sold individually and do not come with springs, we will assist you in spring selection and valving just as we do with our G2 coil overs now. Units should be ready to ship within the next 2-3 weeks.

Applications include:
  • Corvette C5/C6 including Z06
  • Audi RS4
  • Ferrari 430
  • Ford GT
  • Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
  • Porsche 997 GT4
  • Porsche 997 Cup
  • Porsche 997 Grand AM
  • Porsche 997 Cup S
  • Porsche 997 RSR
  • Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
  • Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3
  • BMW E46
  • BMW Z4
  • BMW E9X
  • BMW E9X M3

Please let me know any questions you have about this, or any one of our suspension products!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:18 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great and you get a World Class shock and you know who makes it! Also winning LGM research and development help in set for your application! How much is a set? How much without springs or with springs?

Last edited by John Shiels; 10-27-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:36 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Looks great and you get a World Class shock and you know who makes it! Also winning LGM research and development help in set for your application! How much is a set? How much without springs or with springs?
Working out final pricing right now
Old 10-27-2009, 06:26 PM
FlamingZ06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, I bet the engineer in Germany has more to do with the valving. I didn't see these shocks on the LG ALMS car at Petit.

I'm gonna hazard a guess of $7500 to $8000 for a set.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FlamingZ06
They look great, but I bet they fall somewhere between $3300 (Penske 8300s) and $4000 (KONI 2812s). I love the packaging of the Bilsteins and KONIs without the remote reservoir.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 PM
FlamingZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by gkmccready
They look great, but I bet they fall somewhere between $3300 (Penske 8300s) and $4000 (KONI 2812s). I love the packaging of the Bilsteins and KONIs without the remote reservoir.
Care to make a side wager? I'll pay you a dollar for every dollar your guess is closer than mine, or vice-versa.

If they're less than $4K, I'll be first in line for a set (well, as soon as I recover from paying off the wager).

Last edited by FlamingZ06; 10-27-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:27 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Care to make a side wager? I'll pay you a dollar for every dollar your guess is closer than mine, or vice-versa.
If I could afford a wager like that I wouldn't have sold my Penske 8100s earlier this year to fund another project. ;-)

It's fun to see all the new LGM products. Seeing the adjustable Bilsteins and the new sway bars... the boys have been busy! Hard to believe they had time while building the GT2 car back from a complete tear down. Very impressive, guys!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Actually, I bet the engineer in Germany has more to do with the valving. I didn't see these shocks on the LG ALMS car at Petit.

Shocks are sold individually and do not come with springs, we will assist you in spring selection and valving just as we do with our G2 coil overs now. Units should be ready to ship within the next 2-3 weeks.

what did I win in the bet?

----------

Last edited by John Shiels; 10-27-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM
michael404
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold !!!!

SOLD !!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be intrested in pricing also.....Bilstein has never made anything bad. Quite good typically.

LGM is joining the adjustable shock world....Cool !!!!

Question , Are they not inverted ????? Not sure I am in love with the adjuster location if that is a Corvette shock (which it looks to be). Some Koni's were built like that (old 3013's) and it compromised/interfered with shock compressed/overall length.

Anthony , do you have measurements for C5 and C6 fittings for overall length and compressed length ???

Last edited by RAFTRACER; 10-27-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
FlamingZ06
Racer

what did I win in the bet?

----------
Nothing, since "we" is a generic term. Do you really think Anthony is going to assist in selecting springs and valving???

I imagine LG will transmit the car specifics to Germany and they will spec the valving. I could be wrong. These shocks have a very narrow adjustment band, so correct valving is paramount.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:47 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Nothing, since "we" is a generic term. Do you really think Anthony is going to assist in selecting springs and valving???

I imagine LG will transmit the car specifics to Germany and they will spec the valving. I could be wrong. These shocks have a very narrow adjustment band, so correct valving is paramount.
I am sure LGM can valve a shock. How long would it take when I order a shock to have Bilstein in Germany set the valving and get it here at a reasonable cost?

Bilstein does re-valving here in the USA and LGM is selecting the springs you want not Bilstein.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
FlamingZ06
Racer

I am sure LGM can valve a shock. How long would it take when I order a shock to have Bilstein in Germany set the valving and get it here at a reasonable cost?

Bilstein does re-valving here in the USA and LGM is selecting the springs you want not Bilstein.
I'm not sure that I can answer your question, since it is totally irrelevant. I'm sorry if you understood me to say that Bilstein Germany would physically valve the shock. What I thought I said was that the engineer in Germany would spec the valving to be used. BTW, these shocks are not a Bilstein NA piece, all of them will come from Germany, as I understand it.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

I'm not sure that I can answer your question, since it is totally irrelevant. I'm sorry if you understood me to say that Bilstein Germany would physically valve the shock. What I thought I said was that the engineer in Germany would spec the valving to be used. BTW, these shocks are not a Bilstein NA piece, all of them will come from Germany, as I understand it.
so who will spec the spring?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:57 PM
waktasz
Pro

oo, shiny.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:09 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

We will spec the spring, and valving here for the shocks while working with our guys in Bilstein Motorsports Dept both state side and in Germany. They kept the reservoirs off the shocks, because they introduce hysteresis into the shocks by design. The body, valve, and seals have all been re-designed to all but eliminate friction between moving parts.

You are correct, they were not on the Riley built GT2 car, however we were one of the first in the US to test them, on our World Challenge cars back in 2006/2007 so this package has been a while in the making.

Currently we are looking at a price of $7770 for the set of four with springs. I am probably 2-3 weeks out on the first order.

Not going to be for everyone but, for the guys wanting the best and a step up past our current G2 coil overs you will not find much in this category.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:24 AM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Why not? Anthony "assisted" me with spring choices when I purchased their coil overs. In fact, everytime I have EVER had a question regarding ANYTHING associated with building my race car, Anthony has been right there on the other end of the phone answering my stupid questions and providing me with suggestions that have helped me build a solid, dependable car, at the same time saving me thousands of dollars and many man-hours of labor.

IMHO, LGM is a fantastic organization from the top down and has the expertise to help with ANY car or racing related problem. They are not just "wrench turners." Most of those that work at LG (including Anthony) have engineering degrees from some of the best Universities in the country.

Wish I had the money for these new shocks. On the other hand, the original LG coilovers that I am currently using have never disappointed.

Get notified of new replies

To **RELEASE** Double Adjustible Bilstein package from LG Motorsports

Old 10-28-2009, 01:32 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
Why not? Anthony "assisted" me with spring choices when I purchased their coil overs. In fact, everytime I have EVER had a question regarding ANYTHING associated with building my race car, Anthony has been right there on the other end of the phone answering my stupid questions and providing me with suggestions that have helped me build a solid, dependable car, at the same time saving me thousands of dollars and many man-hours of labor.

IMHO, LGM is a fantastic organization from the top down and has the expertise to help with ANY car or racing related problem. They are not just "wrench turners." Most of those that work at LG (including Anthony) have engineering degrees from some of the best Universities in the country.

Wish I had the money for these new shocks. On the other hand, the original LG coilovers that I am currently using have never disappointed.

Sometimes I even get to work on the ALMS car too
Old 10-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR

Old 10-28-2009, 02:14 PM
FlamingZ06
Racer

I'm glad everyone is tickled pink over their G2 coilovers. I've been ecstatic with both sets on my cars. I have the utmost respect for the job the LGM crew does and the products they provide. What I said wasn't meant as a slam on Anthony or anyone else in the organization, but was only to illustrate my point that everyone has their particular job to do, and "we" is a colllective term used to represent the organization.

I'm pretty sure that someone within LGM proper is capable of specing spring rates for Corvettes by now, but I got money burning a hole in my pocket that says that the valve codes come from Germany, if anyone cares to wager.

Anthony, not that it matters really, but since you brought it up, was the testing that was done in '06-'07 using this exact shock, or was it the ASN with the double adjustable shaft?

Last edited by FlamingZ06; 10-28-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **RELEASE** Double Adjustible Bilstein package from LG Motorsports