Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZR1 At NJMP NASA

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:01 AM
jfaphoenix32
Supporting Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Default ZR1 At NJMP NASA

For those who may be asking, yes, Greg's ZR1 at NJMP was the one that was at Watkins Glen...

Mark and Chris hustled all month to get it back together and it ran great... One small oil leak and basically no material issues.

What a glorious car on track... That thing just flies!!!! Greg did a great job breaking it in again and working up to speed on the tough Thunderbolt track...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 AM
JimbeauZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's kind of hard to believe after seeing it in pieces in your shop a few weeks ago waiting on a new frame rail. Pretty amazing!
Old 11-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Damn! I remember passing by that car, when it was sitting perpendicular to the track with it nose crashed up and parts spread all across the track, and thinking, "I hope the driver is all right, and that car looks totalled."

You built a beautiful car originally, Joe, and I've even more impressed you got it back together and it's back out again! Good Job!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:52 AM
jfaphoenix32
Supporting Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Thanks for the kind words...... the guys worked really diligently all week and it came out very nice. That was our third aluminum frame repair and they have all come our very well...

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 At NJMP NASA

Quick Reply: ZR1 At NJMP NASA