Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nov 07, first Vette, other things I have raced, done, etc....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Nov 07, first Vette, other things I have raced, done, etc....

My first Vette, decided I liked a fastback better so started modding it. This was a month before I installed a lift, sure makes things easier!

First turbo system my son and I build, 03 Matrix, it sure was fun and pretty dang fast

Next project was a 05 Forester Turbo, $30k in suspension, drivetrain mods, it ran Spec Miata times on the west track at MMP, on street tires, sold off the parts before I ran these and it was way detuned, at least 100WHP available just tweaking it.

We started this in 05, never really finished but it is very fast in the twisties, up next a pic of the turbo system we started and almost done with, car is for sale, cheap!!!

This may be the prettiest thing I ever built, true equal length, you could not slip a sheet of paper between any joint on it

I love cars, finally at the point in life where I can do what I want with them but business makes it hard to have the time. I rarely paid anybody for anything in the past 41 years so had to learn, did not have the money to hire it done, now I just want to it for the satisfaction(which I always had).

For a home built race car, our C5Z, C6 WC boddied car is going to be one sweet ride, I promise, someday it will be done

Rick
Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 AM
flycastinguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
My first Vette, decided I liked a fastback better so started modding it. This was a month before I installed a lift, sure makes things easier!

Rick
Rick, what kind of PITA was it to do that conversion? I have seen a wind tunnel test done at Aerodyne in Mooresville, NC and the C5Z has terrible flow down the back glass and across the rear deck. I am told that just adding the ACP WC rear fascia with the built-in 1" spoiler will get the car on the downforce side of the bubble. Changing to the coupe glass would have to help too. I've been considering the ACP rear fascia and the flared WC rear fenders. That would be the time to do the rear glass mod too I think. Again, what were the issues? Thanks.

Bob
Old 11-07-2009, 12:33 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually have all the parts needed including brand new lexan up for sale buddy I since decided to go with a C6 WC body, ouch on the $$$$$ side but will even be better

-------------------------------

Taking the top off was a bit tough due to the adhesive used, just have to pry slowly, slide a thin knife in and cut as you can.

Removing the top of the tub was a bit fun, I ended up using the same knife, chisels, etc, to break the bond between the upper and lower tub since I had done all the hard work of tubing it out I wanted to save it. It would be easier to remove the whole tub but not a huge difference.

I now have a lower mostly finished lower tub since going with the complete WC body so I had to take if off after all

I also cut off the steel roll hoop as wanted more room for the roll cage main hoop.

I gutted a stock targa roof as planned to bond it to the targa cover, less weight, better air flow as fewer seams, etc...but I still have the frame for the stock roof panel.

Let me know if interested in the conversion parts, shipping is a bit spendy but if I could get it all into one big box maybe not to bad.

Rick
rick@raamaudio.com

Get notified of new replies

To Nov 07, first Vette, other things I have raced, done, etc....

Quick Reply: Nov 07, first Vette, other things I have raced, done, etc....