Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-Winter Track Fix VIR Jan. 30-31, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Hazman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid-Winter Track Fix VIR Jan. 30-31, 2010

Track Club USA has a unique offering to provide you that track fix to get you through the winter break. A two day full course event at VIR. My first reaction to this was wait a minute do these guys know what the weather could be like at VIR in late January??

Then I read the cancellation policy and the "Special Weather Insurance." This is a no risk upside only event. If it is not at least 48 degrees and no rain or snow you get a full refund and the event is cancelled.

TCUSA is a new group formed by some of the folks who put on the SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) events. They have decided to spin off the track portion of the club to open it up to all make cars. Their new website is TrackClubUSA.com.

Membership in TCUSA is only $30 and they are offering a $40 discount for this event. So if my math is right for $325 you get your membership in TCUSA and two days at VIR if the weather is good. Just download a membership form and a registration form, fill them out and send them in with two seperate checks one for $30 and one for $295. If the weather is bad you get the $295.00 back!

Where: Virginia International Raceway, Danville VA

When: January 30-31, 2010

Cost: $335.00 per person or $175.00 per day.

Discount: TCUSA and SCMC members get a discount 0f $40.00 for a two day registration. No discount for one day fees. That means for $295.00 you get two full days of full course VIR.

Cutoff date for early bird discount: January 15, 2010

Registration Opens: December 1, 2009

Cancellation Policy: We have a special cancellation policy for this event and this event only. You may cancel up to 48 hours prior to the event and get a full refund.

On-line payment is NOT available: Only checks will be accepted. Your check will be mailed back to you or will be shredded if you decide to cancel going to the event.

Special Weather Insurance: If it is raining or snowing or if the temperature is below 48 degrees, this event will be cancelled and a full refund will be returned to the registrants. We will also shred the check if you agree to it.

Host Hotel: Sleep Inn, Danville VA

Cost: TBD

The bottom line on this event is that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain since you will get a full refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the event. We have a weather clause so if it is bad weather, we will cancel the event, and you will get your check back. No checks will be endorsed prior to January 28, 2010. That means we will hold your check till we know that the weather is going to be good and only then will we deposit your fee. There will be no on line payment for this event since we do not want to pay processing fees and will be able to give you a full refund should the weather be bad.

You may also use a credit toward this event if you are due a credit from a past event.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:38 AM
no spin
Instructor

I might be in for this. 48 is not bad, I don't think the temp got above 49 on Sunday when we were there with SCMC last month.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

As if my off-season was short enough already.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Hazman
Racer

Originally Posted by Jason
As if my off-season was short enough already.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:05 PM
m3to335
Pro

Yeah it was cold as nuts at the SCMC event.

I may be down for this.

Get notified of new replies

To Mid-Winter Track Fix VIR Jan. 30-31, 2010

Quick Reply: Mid-Winter Track Fix VIR Jan. 30-31, 2010