Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indoor karting primer

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Indoor karting primer

posted on

http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/389999.aspx
Old 11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
0DAVID@VASPEED
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a bunch of idiots. Honestly though I never really use the brakes on karts.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:31 AM
DarkMastyr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a pretty poorly built and poorly run track. The accidents seem to happen a lot in the same places.

oh and brakes are for suckers...
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Looks like the need to bolt the rail down, that looks like a law suit waiting to happen. Just because you run into it, it should not have cut the guys leg all up. We have an indoor one here and I and many others have hit hard trying to make a pass where it was not really wide enough, however nobody was ever hurt.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Racer2B
Advanced

Where is this place?! I want to make sure I never go there...that is one dangerous indoor track!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:49 AM
worldsaway
Racer

Last month at an autox event I brought a 12hp FJA kart along for a kid to run. After the event ended one of my buddies commented he couldn't see how 3hp could be fun. I dogged him until he got in the kart. He came back from a run around the course with this huge grin, and being guys, we had to race. Out comes the timers and $10 (more fun with $$ on the line) and 7 guys playing king of the hill. Being a kid's kart seat, our size determined whether we were just uncofortable or in agony. We'll laugh about it forever, what a blast! More fun than the cars that day. And MUCH funnier pictures. Ed
Old 11-10-2009, 09:16 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer2B
Where is this place?! I want to make sure I never go there...that is one dangerous indoor track!
The owner is the one who started the SCCAforum thread.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:27 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would never run that track either, compared to our local tracks it is absolutely horribly unsafe!

I setup and sponsored an indoor series here last winter, very nice and big for indoor track and very very safe. We had a ball but for some reason I am always a back marker which makes me wonder whether or not I can actually effectively drive a low weight, high HP full race Vette or not. I have a driver lined up if I cannot drive it well but if that ends up being the case I will put it up for sale or trade for something less intimidating most likely.

I am going to do more karting this winter, drive the series if somebody else wants to set it up as I would still sponsor it(I just do not have the time to deal with running it again, wish I did as was a great deal of fun)

Anyway, the local racers kicked my butt, taught me where my place is and that I need some serious race schooling if ever going to be good enough for a truly fast car.

At least we have a great track, safe, fast fun, great group to race with, etc.......

Rick

Last edited by RAAMaudio; 11-10-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Indoor karting primer

Quick Reply: Indoor karting primer