Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Race Track in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Micky Grana
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Race Track in SoCal

I just wanted to let those that did not know that a new race track in SoCal is under construction. It is called Chuckwalla Valley Raceway and is located in Desert Center Ca. about one hour East of Palm Springs. You can get more information on our web site http://www.chuckwallavalleyraceway.com or on our Chuckwalla Valley Raceway Face Book Page. You may find our current web page a little light on information as we are in the works on getting our new site up. Our Face Book page is up to date and gives fresh information and pics weekly. There is also a video with two computer laps around the track. The video is a little rough as it was provided by our grading contractor but is out of their Gps files and all the elevations and contours are correct. Please take a look at it and let us know what you think. If you become a fan of the page you can watch as we move forward through the construction.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

I think arosc.org guys were talking about having one of the first race dates when the new track opens. I hope that happens!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Micky Grana
Heel & Toe

you are correct they are scheduled for April 2010
Old 11-30-2009, 12:22 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice to have another track, not sure my old car can handle racing on the surface of the sun, but nice to have another track. Hopefully very short on walls, and big on run off. (easy on sand traps).
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Micky Grana
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by grantar2
Nice to have another track, not sure my old car can handle racing on the surface of the sun, but nice to have another track. Hopefully very short on walls, and big on run off. (easy on sand traps).
You hit the nail on the head lots of flat compacted run off now wall and if you hit the sand you really need the help in geting the car stoped lol. It only hot in the summer
Old 12-01-2009, 02:24 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

wow! nice! any open events scheduled?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Micky Grana
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by rustyguns
wow! nice! any open events scheduled?
there some open will be some open track events set up in April and May and I am sure that there will also be events set up threw out the the year.

Get notified of new replies

To New Race Track in SoCal

Quick Reply: New Race Track in SoCal