Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANNOYING TC/AH/TMPS sensor crap on all C5/C6 Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:38 PM
wmckeenster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ANNOYING TC/AH/TMPS sensor crap on all C5/C6 Corvettes

Hi Guys,

I'm sure we all have experienced the same annoying traction control/active handling crap (at least for racing) that we have to remember to manually turn off before heading out on track....

I refuse to believe there is no way to permanently turn all this stuff off once and for all as I personally have been screwed by this annoying system more than a few times....works well for saving your a$$ on the street but GM or "others" must have a way to turn all this off PERMANENTLY?

I understand the C6 is even more annoying than the C5 due to the TPMS sensors and the fact that you cannot turn off the C6 while moving??

Anyone know of a way to turn this all off permanently aside from me designing a custom circuit to do this externally (automatically via button)?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks ya'll!

Last edited by wmckeenster; 12-01-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:48 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wmckeenster
I understand the C6 is even more annoying than the C5 due to the TMPS sensors and the fact that you cannot turn off the C6 while moving??

Anyone know of a way to turn this all off permanently aside from me designing a custom circuit to do this externally (automatically via button)?
My AH/TC button in the '06 C6 works fine while moving. TPMS is a major PITA, though. I lost a sensor at the track one day.. it just started randomly sending 0psi back.. made for some exciting times and not a very fun day. I hear if you just program in a set of sensors that the car will never, ever see again it's effectively shut down -- if all the sensors go away at the same time the car is fine with it, but if less than all go away...

I think if you look around Google you'll find a couple of places and people that offer the 555 timer based auto-all-off AH/TC gizmos. Mostly for C5s, though.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:51 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ATI Performance engineering makes a electronic widget that will have the active handling traction control disabled unless you want to turn it back on....It leaves the system "off" instead of "on". I think that it actually remembers what it was when the car was turned off....

It still uses the "button" for the AH/TC , so you need to make sure on your particular car that the factory system is operational....

I think that I have one of the ATI pieces that I never used.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

The TPMS system really is insane......
Old 12-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

If I recall, that elec widget was $$$, which is why we all still deal with the button.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 PM
wmckeenster
Racer

Is there not a way to turn all this stuff off permanently with a Tech 2 programmer or something?

Unfortunately I do not have a dash cluster (DIC) anymore so I cannot see what mode I am in AND my button does not seem to do anything for some reason...

Last edited by wmckeenster; 12-01-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there not a way to turn all this stuff off permanently with a Tech 2 programmer or something?

Unfortunately I do not have a dash cluster (DIC) anymore so I cannot see what mode I am in AND my button does not seem to do anything for some reason...
We spoke to Darrell today. It's really everything gone or everything working. There is no way around all of the BS. All or nothing

Randy
Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

I'd be ok with nothing if I could keep the ABS.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Wayne....fix the button and all will be OK.....My car has the button, it works, and I dont have problems. With your car if you ever run in the rain the TC is not gonna be the worst thing to have.....I need to put my TC on a momentary switch for the straights only in the wet.....
Old 12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
haikun
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

I'm sure we all have experienced the same annoying traction control/active handling crap (at least for racing) that we have to remember to manually turn off before heading out on track....

I refuse to believe there is no way to permanently turn all this stuff off once and for all as I personally have been screwed by this annoying system more than a few times....works well for saving your a$$ on the street but GM or "others" must have a way to turn all this off PERMANENTLY?
Ever thought of using a hammer on the control module, should fix it permantly for sure Mine is toast (C5) and it's been permanent this far

/Hakan
Old 12-01-2009, 08:37 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

C5's could be programmed out......I had a GM Racing PCM that kept ABS but ditched everything else.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:20 PM
wmckeenster
Racer

wonder where to get one of those?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:38 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

GM racing gave it to me. It was a PCM only swap, so I know the BCM etc wasn't modified.

My contact there has retired, so I don't have any leads on who actually did the programming.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:04 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Call or write Joe at Phoenix. jfaphoenix32@aol.com
Old 12-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Wouldn't pulling the fuse work just as well? The system doesn't work without electrical power.

Bill
Old 12-03-2009, 05:46 PM
ryan0
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Wouldn't pulling the fuse work just as well? The system doesn't work without electrical power.

Bill
kills ABS

Get notified of new replies

To ANNOYING TC/AH/TMPS sensor crap on all C5/C6 Corvettes

Quick Reply: ANNOYING TC/AH/TMPS sensor crap on all C5/C6 Corvettes