Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cadillac CTS-V Challenge on Speed TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
threewinmag
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cadillac CTS-V Challenge on Speed TV

Anybody watching this. It's more of a GM commerical than anything, but frankly, I LOVE IT! Man I'd like to try that car on the track, not to mention getting groceries or going to meetings.

And who was the mystery driver? Johnny O'Connell! Fun.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I heard about it. Did it air yet? What days and time? Id like to see it. The CTS-V is an amazing sedan!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

great performance and good looking exterior....but the interior is so cheap in person it's pathetic
Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 AM
threewinmag
Racer

It aired last night. They might re-play it.

I'm sorry to hear it's all plastic-ey. That sucks. I guess they though that 65k-70k was enough and couldn't bear to through another 5k worth of interior in it.

That always makes we wonder, though, about niche marketing. If Caddy wants to play with the big boys (BMW, Audi, etc.) then they should complete the package, right?

Oh well, I still think they'd be fun.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:41 AM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

My wife and I watched it last night as we are considering a CTS-V to replace our current Infiniti grocery getter. The show was okay, I think it would've been much more convincing had they put a qualified driver in each "competitors" car versus letting guys who admittedly had almost no track experience set the benchmarks. But, it was fun to watch for a few minutes.

We sat in a 2010 CTS-V at the auto show here in Nashville recently and I didn't find the interior to be plasticy or low-rent at all. The Alcantra wheel and seats were very nice and everything that I played with inside had a nice feel to it. It may not be on par with some of the very high-end stuff, but we're considering buying the car because:

1) It's built in the US
2) It's fast as hell, and
3) It looks mean and classy all at once.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by mikahb
My wife and I watched it last night as we are considering a CTS-V to replace our current Infiniti grocery getter. The show was okay, I think it would've been much more convincing had they put a qualified driver in each "competitors" car versus letting guys who admittedly had almost no track experience set the benchmarks. But, it was fun to watch for a few minutes.

We sat in a 2010 CTS-V at the auto show here in Nashville recently and I didn't find the interior to be plasticy or low-rent at all. The Alcantra wheel and seats were very nice and everything that I played with inside had a nice feel to it. It may not be on par with some of the very high-end stuff, but we're considering buying the car because:

1) It's built in the US
2) It's fast as hell, and
3) It looks mean and classy all at once.
I sat in one at the 2009 Auto Show and I thought it was amazing. I also saw the CTS-V on Supercars Exposed where they compared it to other high horsepower sedans like the M5. It came out on top and they too thought the interior was well done. Not quite as nice as the M5 but they didnt say it looked plasticy. I guess its just personal preference.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:12 AM
gonzalezfj
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
great performance and good looking exterior....but the interior is so cheap in person it's pathetic
I guess if it's not J*p or European it's not good enough for you.

We own a CTS and there is nothing cheap or plasticky about its interior. It is functional, well laid out and uses first quality materials.

To each his own...

Frank Gonzalez
Old 12-09-2009, 11:18 AM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I totally forgot about it. Hope it reairs.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I set the dvr to record it, I am a big fan of the ctsv
Old 12-09-2009, 12:26 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzalezfj
I guess if it's not J*p or European it's not good enough for you.

We own a CTS and there is nothing cheap or plasticky about its interior. It is functional, well laid out and uses first quality materials.

To each his own...

Frank Gonzalez

wow, getting attacked left and right for stating my opinion.

lets see, i drive a 2002 camaro ss, 02 tahoe, have a 67 camaro, tow with 05 3500hd, and race a C5Z...ya, i love me japanese and eurpoean cars cant you tell?

I went to a dealer earlier this year looking at different cars/trucks to replace the tahoe with and sat in a new CTSV. The carbon fiber isnt cf, it's a print on top of thin plastic, the window buttons are extremely thin and will be prone to the GM buttons wearing out, only i think sooner then normally seen, the pop-up dash display looks horrific when up, the seats while yes they feel great...i'm 6'3 185 and i couldn't find a good seating position relative to the steering wheel, pedals, and reachable dash, and yes i played with the telescopic steering wheel, still no comfort found. but yes, the alcantera steering wheel cover and the headliner are nice. if i were putting that much $ down for a new car, it wouldn't be a CTSV just because of the horrific interior. actually go look at the BMW and Merc interiors (which is who Caddy is trying to compete with..) and compare them to the Caddy. To me, GM went subpar on the interior relative to the price tag

but hey, that's my opinion.

and btw, just looking at pictures online, i would agree that it looks amazing...i was very excited and much looking forward to seeing it/sitting in it, and was extremely let down when I actually got to
Old 12-09-2009, 01:57 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
wow, getting attacked left and right for stating my opinion.

lets see, i drive a 2002 camaro ss, 02 tahoe, have a 67 camaro, tow with 05 3500hd, and race a C5Z...ya, i love me japanese and eurpoean cars cant you tell?

I went to a dealer earlier this year looking at different cars/trucks to replace the tahoe with and sat in a new CTSV. The carbon fiber isnt cf, it's a print on top of thin plastic, the window buttons are extremely thin and will be prone to the GM buttons wearing out, only i think sooner then normally seen, the pop-up dash display looks horrific when up, the seats while yes they feel great...i'm 6'3 185 and i couldn't find a good seating position relative to the steering wheel, pedals, and reachable dash, and yes i played with the telescopic steering wheel, still no comfort found. but yes, the alcantera steering wheel cover and the headliner are nice. if i were putting that much $ down for a new car, it wouldn't be a CTSV just because of the horrific interior. actually go look at the BMW and Merc interiors (which is who Caddy is trying to compete with..) and compare them to the Caddy. To me, GM went subpar on the interior relative to the price tag

but hey, that's my opinion.

and btw, just looking at pictures online, i would agree that it looks amazing...i was very excited and much looking forward to seeing it/sitting in it, and was extremely let down when I actually got to
...traitor...
Old 12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

love the performance, but I think they are some of the ugliest cars on the road....... Maybe if they would produce the World Challenge version for the street (the ones that were chopped in half and slammed so much the transmissions dragged the ground) it might be decent.......no, those are still ugly.

Get notified of new replies

To Cadillac CTS-V Challenge on Speed TV

Quick Reply: Cadillac CTS-V Challenge on Speed TV