Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 f-350

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:41 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Default 2011 f-350

More good truck ( tow vehicle) info

An all-new 6R140 heavy-duty TorqShift® six-speed automatic transmission gets the new diesel engine's low-end torque to the ground faster; the six-speed transmission has full SelectShift™ capability, giving customers the convenience of a manual gearbox

New diesel and gasoline engines deliver improved torque, horsepower, fuel economy
For 2011, Super Duty features both an all-new diesel and gasoline engine that are mated to a new transmission. The new diesel, the 6.7-liter Power Stroke V-8 turbocharged diesel engine, was designed, engineered and built by a Ford team dedicated solely to delivering this class-leading diesel engine to the next-generation Super Duty to enable continued best-in-class towing and payload.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/24/2...h-two-new-eng/
Old 12-25-2009, 04:47 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I will be intersting to see if the new diesel is a good motor and the Ford tranny will be another thing for the automatics. Never had luck with auto Ford I had 4 in 100,000 miles on one truck, Hope it is a winner.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Gatorac
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never buy the first year of a change. Especially Ford. This new engine is a major change with a completely new builder. New emission standards are also in effect. Wait a few years.

If you want a real good diesel, get an 06 or 07 "classic" Duramax. I wish I would have kept mine.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:24 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

The most costly motor by far ever developed by Ford and the most tested. After the staggering warranty cost of the 8.0 I think it will be good. They cannot afford another bad mark especially when rebounding nicely. Bad press will kill the important market share of trucks. Time will tell.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:36 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

If the trans is good, and the engine good, this might get me to buy a Ford when its time.

Never thought I'd say that.

I'll shutup now before I start ranting about the bail out.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:54 PM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

my buddy hates his 07 F350 diesel dually, usually in the teens for MPG, loved his 04 F350 single axle diesel before it though, much better on fuel.

He just went totally backwards and got an old cummins 6 speed dually (like an 02 or so) that he thinks is great. I've only ridden around with it with a plow on the front, don't think he's towed anything serious with it yet (has a 32 ft bumper pull enclosed for his drag car)

hopefully this new motor is better because his 07 usualy get 12 mpg or so....his 04 was closer to 20
Old 12-28-2009, 12:14 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by undertaker
my buddy hates his 07 F350 diesel dually, usually in the teens for MPG, loved his 04 F350 single axle diesel before it though, much better on fuel.

He just went totally backwards and got an old cummins 6 speed dually (like an 02 or so) that he thinks is great. I've only ridden around with it with a plow on the front, don't think he's towed anything serious with it yet (has a 32 ft bumper pull enclosed for his drag car)

hopefully this new motor is better because his 07 usualy get 12 mpg or so....his 04 was closer to 20
That's why I am hanging on my 01 Dodge and 04 Ford. They both get 23 mpg @ 60 on cruise. The Ford has a good bit more grunt up hills. Both get just about 15 towing a heavy open trailer and tons of gear. His 02 is like my 01 same engine 03 Dodge got more power.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:50 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatorac
Never buy the first year of a change. Especially Ford. This new engine is a major change with a completely new builder. New emission standards are also in effect. Wait a few years.

If you want a real good diesel, get an 06 or 07 "classic" Duramax. I wish I would have kept mine.
What kind of changes are there between the LLY and LBZ in the late 06 years and 07 as far as reliability, mileage, emissions. I have been looking at that exact truck.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by undertaker

My 2006 F250 6.0L gets a whopping 10.2 MPG. Seems to get the same whether I am towing or not, in town or cruising on the highway...

Either it plain sucks in fuel mileage or the MPG calculator just doesn't seem to want to give it much better!

Other than the poor fuel mileage its a nice truck (King Ranch) and tows a loaded down 24' enclosed trailer nicely.

Last edited by Solo2GS; 12-28-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:46 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought an 07.5 LMM dually last month, installed all Banks stuff on it though the mileage did not get any better(15 average) even on the higher power settings it never smogs out the roads and will do a pretty sweet sidestep on the on ramps around here, four 100 ft black stripes are fun to put down

I am looking into a decently clean DPF delete, etc.....as long as not blowing nasty **** black crap all over, that is just not cool in my book.

I looked at all trucks very closely including brand new, what is supposed to be coming out, etc and decided on the GM line, newer model though lower in mileage it is pretty darn clean for a diesel and I got a smoking(pun intended) deal

Rick
Old 01-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ive got an 08 F250 6.4L and ive never fell in love with the auto, so i went manual. It has been a flawless truck and never have had any problems with it. Only downside is 10 mpg hauling the vette. But it will climb anything with ease.

Im very interested in getting an 11' model. But ive heard that there wont be an option for a manual. That will probably keep me from purchasing one.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:42 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Screamin Z
Ive got an 08 F250 6.4L and ive never fell in love with the auto, so i went manual. It has been a flawless truck and never have had any problems with it. Only downside is 10 mpg hauling the vette. But it will climb anything with ease.

Im very interested in getting an 11' model. But ive heard that there wont be an option for a manual. That will probably keep me from purchasing one.
I think the manual tranny in trucks is gone forever soon with lessening demand. Then again the vert was supposed to be gone and returned.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 f-350

Quick Reply: 2011 f-350