Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[NBC] Robin hood rally

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:30 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default [NBC] Robin hood rally

This is the kind of reality TV I could get into.

----- Original Message -----
<scondo@robinhoodrally.com>
To: <schilds1@maine.rr.com>
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 9:13 AM
Subject: Robin Hood Rally asks - Do you have the Stuff? - 1575100018

Ladies & Gentlemen:

1. Do you have the Stuff to drive in a Street Rally Competition and can you prove it in a Reality TV Series?

2. Do you want a chance to win a F430 Ferrari, a Porsche Turbo, or a Corvette?

If you think you do, then we WANT YOU. Visit www.robinhoodrally.com for all of the details.

A handful of lucky drivers will get the chance to show, not tell, the world about their driving skills on 10 closed public roads in 10 States beginning in May of 2010. These events will be filmed for a Reality TV Series to air on NBC.

If you think you have the stuff here is your chance to prove it on TV!

Over the past few weeks we have kept the site under wraps to allowindividuals that expressed interest last season to take a sneak peak, we received over 300 requests for the access information and we currently have 28 individuals signed up.

Many things have changed from 2009. The cost to compete is now only $5k, you compete in your own vehicle, you must pass a TV screening interview, and we now have a great line up of prizes worth more than $500k including a Ferrari F430, a Porsche Turbo, a Corvette Z51, and a whole bunch of surprises!

First come, first screened, and first accepted for Participation. We are accepting only 100 participants and have already begun to schedule screening interviews so if this is something you want to do, NOW IS THE TIME.

Tune that Motor and Suspension, it is going to be one Happy New Year for car nuts!

Stephan Condodemetraky
Executive Producer
The Robin Hood Rally
V (603) 434-8218
F (603) 434-8755
scondo@robinhoodrally.com
www.robinhoodrally.com
Old 12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
66IISS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds significantly cooler than bull run, but I fear there would be too many "ringers" in the competition, nor are the rules well defined at all. It would take a long time to build a car I think could compete in this, as there appear to be no suspension rules, just a power to weight ratio.

Long story short... my bank account isn't big enough right now to do this, even though I'd really love to.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds cool but still not nearly as cool as the Cannonball Run: One Lap of America. The Robin Hood rally still has their adjusted power to weight and the One Lap is a true anything goes racing. Ron Adee has placed very high up many years. One year he had a Craftsman truck style truck with a viper or Corvette motor. He didn't race in it this last year but he now has a all carbon fiber twin turbo Viper. He did an open road race with it and at the 1/2 mile he was going 190 and at the 1 mile it was going 220mph and the hood started to fold over. I guess for the fun of it he took it to the 1/4 mile too just to see what it would do. On street tires and with a 2.3 or something 60ft and spinning down the entire track he still did like an 8.8 at 16Xmph or around there. An event that attracts cars like that is a TRUE anything goes racing event.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 66IISS
That sounds significantly cooler than bull run, but I fear there would be too many "ringers" in the competition.
Calling Danny Popp!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 PM
ssdeuce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Dragon in TN and NC somebody will get killed

Get notified of new replies

To [NBC] Robin hood rally

Quick Reply: [NBC] Robin hood rally