Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRM Valved Bilstein group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default DRM Valved Bilstein group Buy

As some of you know all ready that we are doing a group buy on our custom valved Bilstein sport shocks for the C6Z06. Today I was told to open up the flood gates, we are doing a run of C6 Z51, C6 base, and C5 all applications.

These shocks were valved for people looking for a aggressive shock to help control the car during hard driving. They are a bit stiff for a go to dinner only car. But if you are like many of us looking for a better handling (brake, turn and go) car this is the setup for you. We do lose some of the ride quality with this setup. But it's very tolerable for most.

The cost is 450 shipped to the lower 48 states. The production time is 12 weeks. They are being built in Ohio with our special valving.

If you are interested please fill out the below information and send it to me via fax, email or PM it to me. You can call in with a credit card also.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Bilstein Sport shocks with DRM special C6 Z51, C6 Base, and C5 Valving (Group buy)

Name:
Forum name:
Phone number:
Email address:

Shipping address:

Billing address (if different from shipping)

Credit card info (you can either fax or call in numbers also) (you can also send a check payable to DRM, Please let us know if you are planning this)
Number,Expire date

Are you interested in front and rear upper Polyurethane bushings for 22 extra dollars:
Yes or No

What other DRM products were you interested in:

Price is 450 shipped (48 states), 20 dollars off if no shipping is needed. The production time is 12 weeks.

I authorize DRM/DOUG RIPPIE MOTORSPORTS to charge above price at anytime and agree to the terms as stated. By emailing, PMing, calling in or faxing back would also work as a signature.

Sign:___________________________________ ___ Date:________________

1 1 1 7 H w y 2 5 N o r t h
B u f f a l o , M i n n e s o t a, U S A 5 5 3 1 3
T e l . 7 6 3 – 4 7 7 – 9 2 7 2 F a x . 7 6 3 – 4 7 7 – 9 2 7 7

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING DRM/DOUG RIPPIE MOTORSPORTS FOR YOUR PERFORMANCE NEEDS!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TTT for a great vendor
Old 04-26-2010, 01:01 PM
kero
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard varying reviews on these. Some have said these soak up road imperfections and make for a more compliant ride. Your description makes it sound like these are "stiffer" than stock shocks?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:07 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kero
I've heard varying reviews on these. Some have said these soak up road imperfections and make for a more compliant ride. Your description makes it sound like these are "stiffer" than stock shocks?
This is how we view the Bilstein shocks

HD softest
Sport firm
DRM revalve firmer

The Sports work great in the C5 and C6 base, Z51 and Z models!!! I have those in stock and they are 330 for the set.

The custom valved is for the more aggressive driver in the C5 and C6.

Randy
Old 04-26-2010, 10:30 PM
wudturner
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM

HD softest
Sport firm
DRM revalve firmer

The Sports work great in the C5 and C6 base, Z51 and Z models!!! I have those in stock and they are 330 for the set.

Randy
Forgive me if this is a redundant question you may have already answered before, but how do the Sport and DRM Revalve compare to the stock z51 shocks. I have no problem with the current firmness of stock shocks. Would like less bounce and jitter with agressive driving (turning and braking), but don't want over-the-road ride to get substaintially worse. Any help appreciated.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 PM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Will the DRM or Sport model eliminate/lessen the wheel hop that can happen on a C6?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Wasserott
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Woods
TTT for a great vendor
Old 04-29-2010, 07:38 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

HD softest
Sport firm
DRM revalve firmer

Randy
Where would a sachs T1 shock fit in that list?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 PM
QUIKSILVERZ
Burning Brakes

Are these shocks best suited for stock ride height or lowered? Would you recommed aftermarket swaybars along with your shocks? Thanks
Old 05-01-2010, 01:26 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tomiboy
Will the DRM or Sport model eliminate/lessen the wheel hop that can happen on a C6?
Yes they will!

Randy
Old 05-01-2010, 01:27 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Where would a sachs T1 shock fit in that list?
It's been a few years since I saw a T1 graph.

Randy
BTW I got your email yesterday, I will respond to that with some pictures.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:29 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by QUIKSILVERZ
Are these shocks best suited for stock ride height or lowered? Would you recommed aftermarket swaybars along with your shocks? Thanks
They can be at either stock or lowered. They are a 1/2 inch shorter then a stocker, but like I have said before "The stock shocks have enough droop travel to run the Baja 1000"

Randy
Old 05-01-2010, 01:32 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wudturner
Forgive me if this is a redundant question you may have already answered before, but how do the Sport and DRM Revalve compare to the stock z51 shocks. I have no problem with the current firmness of stock shocks. Would like less bounce and jitter with agressive driving (turning and braking), but don't want over-the-road ride to get substaintially worse. Any help appreciated.
I think you would be very happy in either a Sport or our revalved setup. They both ride pretty damn nice Ride comfort would favor a sport shock.

Randy
Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 AM
newbeetle18t
Instructor

Default Update on run of C6 Z51, C6 base, and C5 all applications custom valved shocks

Randy,

I saw your update on the Z06 custom valved shocks yesterday you mentioned 40 fronts and 200 rears coming shortly.

What is the status for the folks that ordered the custom valved shocks for the C6 Z51, C6 base, and C5 all applications?

Also are the nonC6 Z06 folks getting the same valving as the Z06 for the fronts and just a special non Z06 valving for the rear?

I never asked before placing my order and only read your comments on 12/31/09 in post 91 of the original C6 Z06 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkn 07
Randy, How appropriate would these shocks be for a non-lowered C6 coupe with the Z51 suspension? Car is street driven (appx 12k miles per year) and I'm looking for best performance on mountain backroads. I've been considering the standard-valving Bilstein Sports.

Thanks, Ernie

The front will work pretty damn good. The rear is going to be over done a bit. We have a valving for the C6's that we are going to try and get worked out with this group buy.

Randy

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/2496625-power-in-numbers-drms-valved-bilstein-sport-shocks-group-buy-thread-5.html"]http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/2496625-power-in-numbers-drms-valved-bilstein-sport-shocks-group-buy-thread-5.html[/URL]

As some of you know all ready that we are doing a group buy on our custom valved Bilstein sport shocks for the C6Z06. Today I was told to open up the flood gates, we are doing a run of C6 Z51, C6 base, and C5 all applications.

These shocks were valved for people looking for a aggressive shock to help control the car during hard driving. They are a bit stiff for a go to dinner only car. But if you are like many of us looking for a better handling (brake, turn and go) car this is the setup for you. We do lose some of the ride quality with this setup. But it's very tolerable for most.

The cost is 450 shipped to the lower 48 states. The production time is 12 weeks. They are being built in Ohio with our special valving.

If you are interested please fill out the below information and send it to me via fax, email or PM it to me. You can call in with a credit card also.

Last edited by newbeetle18t; 05-06-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: more info entered
Old 05-08-2010, 05:40 AM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Randy, I am also considering these for my z51 along with the Sports. But I'd like to understand a little more before I jump in. What exactly were you trying to fix with the Sport valving? What did you achieve in concrete terms with track dynamics? Did you change compression or rebound, low or high speed and why?

The reason I ask is that the Sports were valved for our application by some apparently knowledgeable people and it seems to work well. I assume they didn't underdamp the system. What do you gain by damping heavier than that on the stock springs? I'm somewhat afraid of going overboard, and not just losing comfort for no gain, but actually hurting handling, like you mentioned with your z06 shocks in the rear of a z51.

I'm hoping for a fix for the rear skittering over rough pavement, and reducing wheel hop. Hopefully gain a bit more suspension "control" (which I can't precisely define how it's lacking in the stock system, which is not bad already). I'm not hoping for improved steady state characteristics like less roll or dive. So what am I really gonna gain on track in concrete terms? I mostly autocross now but I might get back into hpde's. I drive a lot on the street, 25k/yr.

Can anyone who has installed the DRM shocks give a detailed assessment?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:27 AM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Originally Posted by steel_3d
Randy, I am also considering these for my z51 along with the Sports. But I'd like to understand a little more before I jump in. What exactly were you trying to fix with the Sport valving? What did you achieve in concrete terms with track dynamics? Did you change compression or rebound, low or high speed and why?

The reason I ask is that the Sports were valved for our application by some apparently knowledgeable people and it seems to work well. I assume they didn't underdamp the system. What do you gain by damping heavier than that on the stock springs? I'm somewhat afraid of going overboard, and not just losing comfort for no gain, but actually hurting handling, like you mentioned with your z06 shocks in the rear of a z51.

I'm hoping for a fix for the rear skittering over rough pavement, and reducing wheel hop. Hopefully gain a bit more suspension "control" (which I can't precisely define how it's lacking in the stock system, which is not bad already). I'm not hoping for improved steady state characteristics like less roll or dive. So what am I really gonna gain on track in concrete terms? I mostly autocross now but I might get back into hpde's. I drive a lot on the street, 25k/yr.

Can anyone who has installed the DRM shocks give a detailed assessment?

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To DRM Valved Bilstein group Buy

Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 AM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Ping?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:05 AM
gp2race
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Group buy

Hello, is this offer still good for the month of March? Application 06' Z06
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gp2race
Hello, is this offer still good for the month of March? Application 06' Z06
This is the thread from the last GP that we did.

Due to the fact that we got the order in later then Turkey day, they pushed it back. We are expecting a late April, early May shipment.

Randy

Quick Reply: DRM Valved Bilstein group Buy