Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moroso Oil Pan

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 PM
DonF
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moroso Oil Pan

Does anyone know if a Moroso oil pan #20205 will fit on a stock 96 LT4 with out having any clearence issue with the stock Cats?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
DonF
Drifting

Uhmm! I guess no one knows for sure.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

Get the specs on a Canton pan (Part #15-240T) It is made to fit on a stock Corvette.
The Moroso that I'm thinking of would clear the cats but hung down below the crossmember by at least an inch. For that reason I didn't consider it but I don't remember the part #.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 AM
DonF
Drifting

Thanks, I think that I will go with the Canton. I have read coments on oil leaks with the Canton that is why I was staying away from them.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 PM
johns68
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a couple Canton's leak. Never from the gasket or seal surfaces, always from the welds (and to be fair, I've had Moroso pans leak at the welds before too). If you buy a Canton, before you install it spray each weld heavily with a light solvent like brake cleaner from the inside, then look for seepage. If a weld leaks, braze it up before installing. Or, if you're adventurous, we fixed a leaky weld on my buddy's Canton pan with JB Weld two years ago, and it's still holding many race days later.

Get notified of new replies

To Moroso Oil Pan

Quick Reply: Moroso Oil Pan