Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse #17 blows TAC module Throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Pudge
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse #17 blows TAC module Throttle body

I race NASA ST-2. I first noticed engine running rough on left hand turns. Then engine quit. Will run, but only at high idle. Fuse # 17 blown.

Chevrolet dealership checked out, replaced fuse, said OK.

Next race 1st day, 3rd time out same thing.

GM speed shop checked out. Could find nothing. They replaced throttle body and ordered TAC Module part #12578953. Hopefully replacing both will fix. TAC Module is on backorder and no one knows when order will be filled.

Can anyone help me find a new or used TAC Module part # 12578953?

Thanks,

Pudge
Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Try LS1Tech

Here's one thread when I tried the part #.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-pa...w-acc-etc.html

Or try pace performance

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...&ProdID=198814

Or Summit Racing

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-12578953

Hope one of these helps

Last edited by 96CollectorSport; 01-18-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 AM
geerookie
Drifting

If I were a gambling man (which I'm not) I would bet the problem isn't in the TAC. It is very common to replace components when doing this kind of troubleshooting. If the TAC was didn't work and everytime I put a fuse in, it blew then I would suspect the TAC. But the fact that it can run for a period of time (sometimes over an hour?) points in a different direction.
This is an intermittent short that blows the fuse which then causes the TAC not to work. There is a pink wire that runs from the TAC module to the fuse center under the hood. That pink wire runs in a bundle of wires which gets very hot at times.
I have pulled the wiring completely apart on my track car in an effort to remove weight. When I started doing this, I took apart wire bundles and found many wires melted together My thought is, this has happened in your case but not a complete short yet. When you take a certain corner and it cause the motor to twist a certain way it puts enough pressure/pull on that bundle of wires and causes the short.
I would also loosen clean and retighten all the major ground connections on your frame, just as a safety measure.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 AM
imp zog
Racer

Which model 'Vette are you driving? My '07 Z06 started cutting out and running rough, and finally died, and threw a throttle body code, but didn't blow the fuse. Upon removing the air bridge, I found one of the hydrocarbon-collecting pads had let go from the inside of the air bridge (from oil that blew back out the TB, it ate away the glue) and jammed up into the throttle body butterfly valve! Something to check, just in case.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuse #17 blows TAC module Throttle body

Quick Reply: Fuse #17 blows TAC module Throttle body