Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6Z Brakes, Baer vs. other BBK

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default C6Z Brakes, Baer vs. other BBK

Can anyone give feedback on Baer brakes for track use on a C6Z, compared to Stoptech, AP, Brembo, Wildwood, etc?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:58 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have had very good results using the Baer Monoblock BBK on several C6 Z06s.
They actually reduced their owner's cost of brakes by reducing the expensive and PITA padlet changes required with the stock brakes.

We have been getting a significant reduction in the need for rotor replacement as well.

The Baer Extreme + consistently hold up to very fast repetitive laps for extended sessions, while still make very good street brakes with a simple pad swap.

The Baer 6S Features -

Machined from 2618 forgings - resulting in the stiffest possible design, even at extreme operating temperatures!
Mono-bloc design – while expensive to produce is a “no compromise” design and is used throughout the world on only the finest calipers available.
Stainless steel, staggered bore pistons virtually eliminate end to end pad taper and offer superior thermal shielding to minimize the effects of brake pedal fade due to brake fluid boiling
Pressure and wiper seals offer superior protection against contamination and dust while offering controlled pad pull back, resulting in consistent pedal position, turn after turn, lap after lap.
Popular pad backing plate configuration is readily available from popular manufacturers such as, Hawk, Performance Friction, Ferodo, Pagid, Mintex and others in a wide variety of competition pad compounds
Powder coated finish, standard; or Hard-coat anodized available as an option.
Radial mounting for the most flexibility in mounting design with optional ear mount brackets to simplify mounting!
Light weight in design, just 8lbs. 1oz.
Designed for rotor diameter’s of 13.5” (343mm) to 16” (406mm) by 1.250” (31.75mm) thick.
Long pad shape maximizes brake “torque” by placing the bulk of the pad friction surface further out away from the hub centerline.
100% MADE IN THE USA!

We have had the best track results with PFC 03 pads.

Compared to Stoptech, the Baer cost a bit less, run the same pads and Baer rotors hold up better. I don't have any direct comparison to the APs.
They are way less money and offer similar performance and rotor/pad life to the Brembos.
Wilwoods have a lower initial cost, but Wilwood rotors don't hold up nearly as well as the Baer's. In the past 14 years, I have yet to be able to complete a Wilwood install with the products provided in the box. I have either been shorted parts or gotten the wrong parts or defective parts. The Wilwoods also require you to assemble the rotors and to properly safety wire them adds considerable time to the installation time and cost to the customer.

I think that Baer offers the best value. Oh, and did I mention that they fit inside stock C6Z wheels without spacers!!!

Last edited by C5stein; 01-27-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quick Reply: C6Z Brakes, Baer vs. other BBK