Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE Wheels & Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Dan Wendling
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPDE Wheels & Tires

Just bought a 2010 Callaway GS SC606 and am thinking of using the OEM chrome 5 GS wheels to mount R compounds for HPDE and TT days. Then getting a set of pretty wheels (HRE C20s) to mount daily driver tires (PS2 ZPs).

Looking for feedback on using the OEM GS wheels for HPDE/TT events.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm assuming the OEM wheels are 18 x 9.5 front and 19 x 12 rear? These OEM wheels will work and you already have them. It's worth noting, however, you'd be better off running 18" wheels all-around (and going a little wider in the front). You have a far better selection of track tires for 18" wheels and running 18's all-around lends itself better for 'leveling' your car's track setup (even the Corvette Racing C6.R's run 18's all-around). Generally, I'd be concerned running forced induction instead of a naturally aspirated motor but for short track sessions I wouldn't expect any problems. There's no question (IMHO) Callaway is perhaps the premier builder of FI applications for Corvette!

Have fun at the track!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:46 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
I'm assuming the OEM wheels are 18 x 9.5 front and 19 x 12 rear? These OEM wheels will work and you already have them. It's worth noting, however, you'd be better off running 18" wheels all-around (and going a little wider in the front). You have a far better selection of track tires for 18" wheels and running 18's all-around lends itself better for 'leveling' your car's track setup (even the Corvette Racing C6.R's run 18's all-around). Generally, I'd be concerned running forced induction instead of a naturally aspirated motor but for short track sessions I wouldn't expect any problems. There's no question (IMHO) Callaway is perhaps the premier builder of FI applications for Corvette!

Have fun at the track!

Get notified of new replies

To HPDE Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply: HPDE Wheels & Tires