Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABSfixer.com Does anyone know them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 AM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ABSfixer.com Does anyone know them?

I need to check and service my EBCM. Does anyone know Brandon Hite- owner of ABSfixer.com?

Can anyone that can recommend him?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I used Brandon's service to fix my ABS module last year. Quick turn around - 3 days - and everything worked properly. His charge is SUBSTANTIALLY less than the stealership price on a new module. I would definitely recommend him.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:32 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I used him for mine - quick turn around, fixed problem and a warranty. If you are a real diy person, there was a thread in the tech section where someone took theirs apart and fixed it themselves for less than $35. IIRC it just involves some soldering. Good luck with it.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I've used him on 2 Corvettes and my tow vehicle, just as stated above. Also I had one car that had an issue with a brake pressure sensor, when I called Brandon and asked if his service would fix that issue he was honest and told me just which issues his service fixed and saved me from spending an extra $150. So good, honest and like stated above quick turn around.
Joel
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 AM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default ABS Fixer

Great service. Fair pricing.

A stand up guy.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just sent him a email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I used David, great quality work, warranty, and half the price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DELPH...item35a6b3afed
Old 01-28-2010, 08:40 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

I got the bad news email back from him. Very honest and helpful.
ebcm > Tires
Randy
Old 01-28-2010, 08:52 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
I got the bad news email back from him. Very honest and helpful.
ebcm > Tires
Randy
I used them as well ... no problems since :-)
Old 01-28-2010, 09:01 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RaleighSS
I used them as well ... no problems since :-)
He said there is no fix for my problem My wife said that also

Randy
Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Randy
What was the problem?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:14 PM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much guys! I'll have him look at it. This was 1/2 the cause of my wall incident.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:20 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Anybody know why he cannot fix the early units? I sent him mine several years back and he warned me he could probably not repair it, but I convinced him to give it a shot. He was correct, but a stand up guy and didn't even charge. I went through hell trying to get a rebuilt, and ended up buying a brand new gm unit. Back then they were under $400. Now they are crazy expensive. Mine is a '99.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:14 PM
mizenermotorsports
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy
What was the problem with the EBCM?

I have a 97 that hasn't worked in 4 years and I've swapped out for a 98 EBCM and just cant figure it out. In normal street driving sup 100 mph no issues, but when I get out on the track, it cuts out after I hit over 120 or so mph on the back straight.

I replaced the wheel hubs and speed sensors, put in new connectors, and still I get random communication code errors.

The good this is I have learned to drive the crap out of the car w/o ABS, but having it back would be AWESOME.

Any one know someone who can diagnose and fix the issue. At this point I would definately be willing to say Uncle.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:00 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mizenermotorsports
What was the problem with the EBCM?

I have a 97 that hasn't worked in 4 years and I've swapped out for a 98 EBCM and just cant figure it out. In normal street driving sup 100 mph no issues, but when I get out on the track, it cuts out after I hit over 120 or so mph on the back straight.

I replaced the wheel hubs and speed sensors, put in new connectors, and still I get random communication code errors.

The good this is I have learned to drive the crap out of the car w/o ABS, but having it back would be AWESOME.

Any one know someone who can diagnose and fix the issue. At this point I would definately be willing to say Uncle.
My car was having over active pump problems. Every time I pushed on the brake pedal the pump would start running No matter how hard I would push on the pedal it would go into ABS mode. Didn't really hurt slowing the car down but wasn't right. In a short 60 days I will find if my throwing parts at it will help!

Randy
Old 03-03-2010, 04:10 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've posted the same question before on another section, but why can't absfixer repair the older (mine is a '99) units? A couple years ago I convinced him to attempt a repair on mine. He told me he didn't think it would work, but tried anyway. Sure enough, it didn't work. He didn't even charge me. I went through absolute hell with some other company (you can search in the C5 tech forum and read about my experience) that completely screwed me. In the end I purchased a brand new gm unit, but now those are crazy expensive. I just don't see how different the earlier units are that they cannot be repaired by absfixer. There are other companies that claim they can do the fix, but after what I went through I wouldn't waste my time.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM
mizenermotorsports
7th Gear

So the new GM unit worked? If I knew a new one would work I would just contact GM Parts House.

I have EFI live and wonder if there are some settings to soften the sensativity of the ABS tolerance before it just shuts off... such as in the case of running larger tires front to rear or any other variables to keep the ABS working even if it only kicks in late.

I'm just not sure what's happening with the Rear EBCM vs some of the ones you guys have in the front either. At least I don;t have to worry about power steering fluid dripping on it, but then it's right between the 2 mufflers that come off headers, probably not the ideal environment either.

THanks Randy,

Let us know how it goes.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:47 PM
fred68
Advanced

Default abs

have used him 3 times,my vette,a friend from church, and abs from a chev z pickup that was a customer at my shop.he said he found no problem with the truck unit did not charge anything but shipping but the premature abs activation problem went away after he looked at the unit

Get notified of new replies

To ABSfixer.com Does anyone know them?

Quick Reply: ABSfixer.com Does anyone know them?