Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good deals on C4/C5 racers out there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Any good deals on C4/C5 racers out there?

I have a friend in the market for a "cheap" C4/C5 track car. It doesn't necessarily need to be to any specific class as he will be only running HPDE/ non-competitive for the first year or so with it. I've been cruising around racingjunk.com and have run across a few but nothing that really stands out. Does anybody have any good leads on an already built car or even a good base to build on that would help bring another into the darkside of Corvette racing?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:50 AM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email Jerry Diggs at mdigges@sc.rr.com. He had a well set up, well performing C4 that he campaigned for several years. Just bought a T1 car and was trying to sell the old one.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think there are some great choices out there. I am not sure what his definition of "cheap" is. But, I don't consider any of these "great" choices to be cheap. In fact, even if you get a good by on a car, I don't consider this hobby "chaep".
Old 01-30-2010, 10:16 AM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

If you are not stuck on a Corvette, my T1 Viper is for sale. You cannot find a more reliable racer than a Viper. $40K in T1 trim and $30K without the T1 goodies. Ran a 2:16.5 last time out in STO trim at Sebring. Fast and reliable...
Old 01-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
Email Jerry Diggs at mdigges@sc.rr.com. He had a well set up, well performing C4 that he campaigned for several years. Just bought a T1 car and was trying to sell the old one.
I agree. Jerry's car (90 model Corvette) was VERY well maintained. Fast & reliable with lots of spare parts including 2 sets of CCW's
Old 01-30-2010, 02:39 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
Originally Posted by Carolina C4 Racer
I agree. Jerry's car (90 model Corvette) was VERY well maintained. Fast & reliable with lots of spare parts including 2 sets of CCW's
Thanks! I forwarded the address.

Originally Posted by Z06Tracker
I think there are some great choices out there. I am not sure what his definition of "cheap" is. But, I don't consider any of these "great" choices to be cheap. In fact, even if you get a good by on a car, I don't consider this hobby "chaep".
When I said "cheap" I meant relatively. Racing is in no way a cheap hobby as we all know. The friend I am helping with the search is a long time drag racer. His costs to go fast make mine look like pocket change. he is looking to expand from the world of straight line into the world of turning and stopping and is looking for a reliable car to start with. The talent is there, as is the desire to go fast which eliminates the Miata/Spec BMW types of cars.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
If you are not stuck on a Corvette, my T1 Viper is for sale. You cannot find a more reliable racer than a Viper. $40K in T1 trim and $30K without the T1 goodies. Ran a 2:16.5 last time out in STO trim at Sebring. Fast and reliable...
I don't think he would be interested in the Viper... but I just might be interested in it for myself! Do you have any more info about it?

Thanks to all for the replies
Old 01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, Jerry's car is I saw it on Racing Junk a couple of months ago. I can't find it now, so I think his ad has expired.

Check THIS out
Old 01-30-2010, 02:53 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Originally Posted by Shrek
I agree, Jerry's car is I saw it on Racing Junk a couple of months ago. I can't find it now, so I think his ad has expired.

Check THIS out

Which car was Jerry's on racingjunk? I think I've seen them all at one point.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redls1gto

Which car was Jerry's on racingjunk? I think I've seen them all at one point.
It was a red 90 with a cage and two sets of polished CCW's plus an open trailer with tire rack.

Another option Is to try and talk Aaron Quine rasrboy out of his carbed C4. Make him an offer, ya never know.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:08 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by redls1gto

I don't think he would be interested in the Viper... but I just might be interested in it for myself! Do you have any more info about it?
For Sale: 2004 Dodge SRT10 Viper. SCCA T1, STO, ITE. NASA ST1 or ST2. Also, a great track day car!

Autoform hardtop, Rockland transmission, Quaife differential, JRZ double adjustable shocks, B&M shifter, Sparco seat, Ron Davis radiator, Dodge swinging pick-up oil pan, Carbotech brakes, Phoenix Performance cage, CCW 2-piece wheels, Hoosier tires (315 fr/345 rr).

Engine makes 430 RWHP w/T1 45mm restrictor, 465 RWHP with STO 60mm restrictor, 480 RWHP with no restrictor.

Car is fast and reliable. 2009 SCCA Great Lakes T1 Champion, 2008 NASA ST2 National champion. This car ran great at Sebring, almost set fastest lap in STO with a 2:16.5. Minor front bumper cover damage which will be fixed for buyer...

Price $40,000 in T1/STO trim, $30,000 w/o T1/STO parts replaced with stock parts (trans/diff/shifter/shocks).

Contact David Pintaric at (330) 519-5876 or wrpinvest@aol.com.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-race-car.html

Get notified of new replies

To Any good deals on C4/C5 racers out there?

Quick Reply: Any good deals on C4/C5 racers out there?