Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-season DE & Racing reminders and info

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

Default Pre-season DE & Racing reminders and info

Just cleaning up some of my links and wanted to remind all of you, and introduce any newcomers, to my info site. Good time to download new or fresh copies of my Torque Specs sheets, DTC lists, DIY guides, and anything else useful you might fine.

If you come across any dead links, or have any suggestions (YES I already know it's a crappy design, but I like to think of it as retro, like the new Camaro) please send them to me.

btw, been doing a fair bit of vinyl numbers and chassis work if you are in need.

Thanks!

David

http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/
Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 AM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Yep, he doesn't come any cheaper for the vinyl. I really appreciate it David!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David made a windoshield banner for my C4. Fit perfect and works well. I could not find a cheaper price.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
David made a windoshield banner for my C4. Fit perfect and works well. I could not find a cheaper price.
Hey David, how much for a white "Corvette" windshield banner for my C5. I took my old one off... but I liked it so I think I want another
Old 02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I have printed off your DTC and other guides and put them in my tool box that goes to the track. They make for great reference guides even if you bring the car's entire service manual. Thanks for putting them together.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:20 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Another vote for David's vinyl. I think I am personally keeping him in business at the moment.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, David does great work.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

btw, I have removable low-tac vinyl now. It is black, but we can overlay another color on top of it, like brkntrxn above.

I have a few more links I need to repair on my site, like the NAPA Weatherhead brake fittings. I'll try and get that fixed soon.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:37 AM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

David,
Lots of good info, but nothing on snow removal?

I'm so sad that I can't go racing until several feet of snow either melts or moves out of my driveway...
Brad

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Old 02-13-2010, 11:08 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

....what do you think......?

Old 02-14-2010, 02:10 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
Just cleaning up some of my links and wanted to remind all of you, and introduce any newcomers, to my info site. Good time to download new or fresh copies of my Torque Specs sheets, DTC lists, DIY guides, and anything else useful you might fine.

If you come across any dead links, or have any suggestions (YES I already know it's a crappy design, but I like to think of it as retro, like the new Camaro) please send them to me.

btw, been doing a fair bit of vinyl numbers and chassis work if you are in need.

Thanks!

David

http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/
David you ebay link isn't working. On the lettering do you have the type that is removable between events. My car is primarily autocrossed with some HPDE use. I like the square with number inside like the blue and yellow #35 car on your website. Also looking at your blue devil Jake, would you be able to do something like a Ferrari shield, with a black Jake with yellow eyes to match the sheild?

Thanks

Last edited by grantar2; 02-14-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:11 AM
C66 Racing

....what do you think......?

That does not look like a happy Vette!

At least mine is inside, though it might not see daylight until Spring at this rate (2-4" more predicted for tomorrow).
Old 02-14-2010, 10:31 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Time to give the car a very good once over and get all the routine maintenance done from front to back, top to bottom.
Mine is ready except for the PS pump Danny needs to get installed.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:30 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Hopefully I have all the stupid crap fixed on my car and I can bring it to you in early spring and let you do my handling set up. I went thru some of your diy, but I think it might be something someone who knows what they are doing should do. I am doing VIR the 8th of March so hopefully I will have a better idea of when then. If nothing else, thanks for keeping your site up and running for everyone.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:30 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by waddisme
but I think it might be something someone who knows what they are doing should do
yes, some of what I supply is simply the tools of how to measure things, but not the knowledge of what to do with those tools. It takes a lot of practice to actually get good results.

That's why I stopped using normal alignment shops.........I'd see all of the fancy laser/wireless rigs, but the people turning the wrenches had no idea what they were doing. Turning a wrench until the light turns green is NOT the way to set up a car!
Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Had a little time, so I removed the dead ebay link, and added links for the Weatherhead brake fittings.

Weatherhead at NAPA is a great source of OEM style brake fittings, in case you ever replace lines, install a line-lock/bias adjuster etc. It can be difficult to sort through the US/British/Japanese brake fittings, since they seem to be randomly mixed and matched at times. These catalogs help!

http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/weatherhead.pdf
http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/weatherhead2.pdf
Old 02-14-2010, 02:32 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

and btw, I pulled the Vette out so that the SUN could soften up some of the stickers on the car for removal. I've found solar radiation can soften/loosen the vinyl even in cold weather, and makes them less brittle when you peel them off. Obviously I didn't see the weather forecast before it was too late!

Get notified of new replies

To Pre-season DE & Racing reminders and info

Old 02-14-2010, 02:56 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Subdriver
David,
Lots of good info, but nothing on snow removal?

I'm so sad that I can't go racing until several feet of snow either melts or moves out of my driveway...
Brad
You're probably joking but in my case it's true. My driveway + garage pad must be 15 car lengths long with this new (to me) house and I didn't opt for a snow blower. To get out of the garage, I'd need to clean out 3-4 car lengths worth in front of the garage and there is no place to put it--I need every sq. in of the garage pad to manuever the car around to get in that garage (side entry).

I might not be out until April-May.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:18 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Just want to put in a plug for David ... when you stop by, please contribute a small amount to keep the site going ... a vital link to a vital pool of resources!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:08 AM
C66 Racing

and btw, I pulled the Vette out so that the SUN could soften up some of the stickers on the car for removal. I've found solar radiation can soften/loosen the vinyl even in cold weather, and makes them less brittle when you peel them off. Obviously I didn't see the weather forecast before it was too late!
I've had some success with a blow dryer on low.

Quick Reply: Pre-season DE & Racing reminders and info