Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diesel owners! Banks 6-Gun, IQ display, switch to EFI live so here you go:)

Old 02-14-2010, 10:29 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Diesel owners! Banks 6-Gun, IQ display, switch to EFI live so here you go:)

Banks 6-Gun with IQ, switching to EFI, only used 2 months!
Since I modified my C6 Vette to where it has to be tuned and looking at all the options, EFI won out and I may was well use it on my LMM dually.

I have the complete package, monitor, mounts, ETC probe, 6-gun, manuals, software, etc in mint condition. I did buy the 6-gun "used" it had never been installed so was literally new anyway but just want to post up exactly what I have here.

I love the display, not going to be as nice running an Edge Insight but will do for my needs.

$899 shipped OBO of course!

No pics as usual for me but I can snap and send some via email if seriously interested. Other than that, it all looks like it does on their website!

I take Paypal and all cards, cash, etc..........

Thanks,
Rick
801-829-4997
07.5 GMC 3500 CC, 4x4(6x6?), forged 19.5's, Bridgestone 250/729's, Banks 6-Gun/IQ/Intake/dual exhaust, Bilstiens, Z110 Pioneer, Arc amps, ID speakers and console 10" sub. Full sound deadening and audio install in progress now, not bad for less than 3 months ownership

06 C6 Convertible, Z06 body/brakes, most all bolt ons, RPM 3:15 diff, intake, exhaust, headers, Arc, ID, fully deadened, double hoop track legal roll bar design in progress.

02 Z06 road race car being converted to Pro Tour, looking for 53 Studebaker body for it

Why I needed EFI Live to support my GM habbits!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I'm just curious, did you see any mileage increase with the Banks? I'm not looking to mod my truck until the warranty expired but these new emissions-friendly motors sure don't get the same mileage.

Also, I'd love to see more info on the wheels, tires, and shocks you have. I have a dually as well and AFAIK nobody makes replacement wheels.

Uh - this is all to make the truck tow my vette to the track better (need to stay on topic )
Old 02-16-2010, 02:09 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Not much difference in mileage so far but only used the DIC which I know is not accurate unless I calibrate the IQ(it has GPS to so so). That and I am still goofing around with the added power a bit more than I should!

The real way to gain is with a DPF delete, I am told with a really good tune it should run quite clean and get around 19 right now more like 15.

I have 19.5 American Force forged classic style wheels, 6.75 wide, fronts and rear outer wheels, steel inners in the rear( I want alloys there to but cannot find long enough studs and not sure it will be hub centric if I do it, still working on that) I can get you a decent price on a set if interested let me know.

After much research, wanting local and area wide service, price, quality, etc I decided on Bridgestone 250F up front, siped in the middles, 729 traction tires in the rear, 225/70/19.5. Wider would be cool but way to tall and I do not want to change the gearing.

Bilstein shocks, much improved ride and handling, next Schulastic shackles for the rear which will really smooth that out(done my research there as well).

Most likely going to install Gognito upper front control arms and some parts to beef up the steering, etc, level the truck, this is supposed to make a really nice improvement in handling, ride, reliability, etc......

Then air bags for the rear, probably remove the overload springs to take off a little unsprung weight, and maybe really big sway bars front and rear.

The truck handles so much better with just the wheels and tires and shocks it is quite nice as is compared to stock but I want to do more, of course

---------

On topic, the truck drives far better with the Banks than stock, smoother, quicker (spins the tires through 4 gears while moderately fishtailing and setting me back in the seat, have to back off before I pull onto the freeway in case a cop is around, fun

---------

Rick
Old 02-27-2010, 01:53 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Still available, I just put on 2k miles picking up a 53 Studebaker body for our C5 chassis, ran like a champ, warm, cold, snow, rain, 1k ft up to 8k ft elevation, crawling through Zion National Park, traffic, 80 MPH for hours on end, etc.....

I may trade for certain parts, tires, etc......

Rick

Get notified of new replies

To Diesel owners! Banks 6-Gun, IQ display, switch to EFI live so here you go:)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel owners! Banks 6-Gun, IQ display, switch to EFI live so here you go:)