Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the FX1 Pro the seat for my C5 Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Is the FX1 Pro the seat for my C5 Z06?

After watching Jr tumbling Saturday, I think it may be time for some seats. I have a trlr now so I will be towing car to HPDEs, so I can get by with fixed mounting the seats. I also dd car so I would be switching them out with stock seats so I would need to keep stock seat belt set up. I was thinking the FX1 Pro for driver side and FX1 for passenger with aluminum brackets. Price seems to be the same everywhere I look, $299 plus $99 for brackets and free shipping. I have a VIR track day Mar 9th so I would like to get them in by then. Anyone run into problems with this kind of set up? I haven't taken seats out yet (about the only thing I haven't removed at least once from car) but supposedly 4 bolts and not too hard. Thoughts?
Old 02-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
After watching Jr tumbling Saturday, I think it may be time for some seats. I have a trlr now so I will be towing car to HPDEs, so I can get by with fixed mounting the seats. I also dd car so I would be switching them out with stock seats so I would need to keep stock seat belt set up. I was thinking the FX1 Pro for driver side and FX1 for passenger with aluminum brackets. Price seems to be the same everywhere I look, $299 plus $99 for brackets and free shipping. I have a VIR track day Mar 9th so I would like to get them in by then. Anyone run into problems with this kind of set up? I haven't taken seats out yet (about the only thing I haven't removed at least once from car) but supposedly 4 bolts and not too hard. Thoughts?
No problems at all.

FX1 Pro on the driver's side - - - -

FX1 on the passenger side - - - -

You may need some 3/16" washers under the two outboard seat mounts (between the seat and the mount) to keep the ears of the larger FX1 from rubbing the door. No washers are needed for the Pros.
And I have since moved the sub belts to their proper locations.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:26 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, 4 bolts and a wire to disconnect. Takes a total of 10 min max. I run with the fx1pros in my C5 and think they are a great seat and excellent value.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:08 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Are both of you using the fixed bracket as opposed to the slider bracket?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
Are both of you using the fixed bracket as opposed to the slider bracket?
I like the slider bracket.

more images of my install here http://www.flickr.com/photos/drivinf...7622470253166/
Old 02-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by drivinfast
I like the slider bracket.
I'm using slider brackets also. I drilled extra holes in the I/O Port seat back brace at the same distances apart the slider stops are at so I can just pull the brace pin, move the seat, and put the pin back in if I need to move the seat.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM
m3to335
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a C5Z ,but I love them in my C6Z. I drive to and from work and the track with them in.

I made a set of side mounts to utilize the passanger side stock sliders. Unfortunatley I couldnt reuse the drivers side sliders since they are power. Consequently, the drivers side has the Pfatd rails and side mounts. If you go with side mounts you will absolutely need to shave the nubs off the bottom of the seats to get them low enough.. Bottom mount is an option but good luck getting a decent seat angle.

http://www.extremespeedonline.com/ga..._itemId=108305

I recommend just checking out Craigslist for a deal on the seats.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:37 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Johnny,

Just a comment here, have you sat in those seats? I say this because I sat in a LOT of seats before deciding on my Evo 2s and found them the most comfortable for me. I'd hate to see you spend the money and effort to put those in and then they not fit you correctly or comfortably. It will all depend on your height, weight, waist size, shoulder width, torso height, etc.

-Kevin
Old 02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I have sat it one in the passenger seat, but not driven in one. They are ordered now. I got one fixed bracket and a slider for driver seat. Hopefully I will have enough room to use slider. If not I have a friend who says he can make me a bracket quickly if needed. Thanks for help guys.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 PM
67Ranger
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

From reading their site, the only difference between the FX1, and the FX1 pro is the size, is that correct? I'm looking at this seat for my car, which will probably see weekend driving and hpefully 5 or 6 track events a year. Are these comfortable enough to drive on the street every week or two?
Old 02-20-2010, 02:29 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 67Ranger
From reading their site, the only difference between the FX1, and the FX1 pro is the size, is that correct? I'm looking at this seat for my car, which will probably see weekend driving and hpefully 5 or 6 track events a year. Are these comfortable enough to drive on the street every week or two?
The only difference is the size. The Pro is about 1 1/2" narrower.
These are race seats, so as far as comfort goes don't count on making it much past about 100 miles before your butt goes numb.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:50 AM
67Ranger
Racer

yeah, the longest trips I normally take in the car are 60 miles or so, and thats once a month... Also, will a wide fit in there for a passenger? I have some pretty large friends who I would like to still be able to ride with me.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 67Ranger
yeah, the longest trips I normally take in the car are 60 miles or so, and thats once a month... Also, will a wide fit in there for a passenger? I have some pretty large friends who I would like to still be able to ride with me.
I have the FX1 which is 1 1/2" wider than the Pro mounted on my passenger side. But, if you're talking about FX1 Wide which is 3" wider than the Pro, it will not fit.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM
67Ranger
Racer

yeah, I guess my friends will just have to squeeze in there then. haha. I think I'll end up with the pro for me and the FX1 in the passenger seat. Thanks for the info!

Get notified of new replies

To Is the FX1 Pro the seat for my C5 Z06?

Quick Reply: Is the FX1 Pro the seat for my C5 Z06?