Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Krikey Seats for HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Krikey Seats for HPDE

Team,
talked with Melrose about a roof skin for for my C4. I am tall and fat which as those of you who have owned the C4 know if a tough combination. I don't mind running with the roof off and my helmet just at or above the targa bar for Autocross, but for HPDE and hopefully time trials don't think that works.
Chris at Melrose recommended I consider a circle track seat which I could swap out with my regular seat on race days. Looking on line, I find an inexpensive brand of aluminum seats called Krikey. Was wondering if anyone has experience with these seats, if so which model do you use. Will the big boy version handle a 6'3" 265 pound guy. I wear 2XL shirts, 40/35 jeans, and XXXL drving suit. Will I gain enough hight to race with my roof on, and still fit my legs in comfrotably? Do these seats bolt to the floor or sit on rails? If you use a circle track seat do you add any of the accerssories like the wings etc?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:31 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

http://www.kirkeyracing.com/index.ph...&code=Series20

If you sit an aluminum seat right on the floor, you will literally be ON THE FLOOR. If anything will give you room, this will. They also do custom seats, so it might be worth calling them.

Also, there is a guy out west that literally sits on the FLOOR of his car. He made up some side and leg bolsters, as well as a simple pad to sit on, and he just uses the floor as a seat.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:42 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
http://www.kirkeyracing.com/index.ph...&code=Series20

If you sit an aluminum seat right on the floor, you will literally be ON THE FLOOR. If anything will give you room, this will. They also do custom seats, so it might be worth calling them.

Also, there is a guy out west that literally sits on the FLOOR of his car. He made up some side and leg bolsters, as well as a simple pad to sit on, and he just uses the floor as a seat.

With as hot as my C4 gets inside putting my butt right on the floor is a recipe for blisterd buns.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:17 PM
WNDOPDLR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read the Kirky web site carefully for dimensions. C4's are limited by the frame rail on the outside and the tranny tunnel on the inside. Having said that, I use a Kirky intermediate. In order to get adequate helmet clearence, I had to lay it down a little more than I like, but I have gotten used to it and it works well. The seats are awesome and transmit all of the car's feel to the driver while holding you in place.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:25 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR
Read the Kirky web site carefully for dimensions. C4's are limited by the frame rail on the outside and the tranny tunnel on the inside. Having said that, I use a Kirky intermediate. In order to get adequate helmet clearence, I had to lay it down a little more than I like, but I have gotten used to it and it works well. The seats are awesome and transmit all of the car's feel to the driver while holding you in place.
Did you mount your seat directly to the floor or did you use frame rails? How tall are you? Do you switch the seat for street driving or leave it in place?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I had a 17" kirkey seat in my C4.
fit like a glove.
you need the HB rails.

Get notified of new replies

To Krikey Seats for HPDE

Quick Reply: Krikey Seats for HPDE