Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brey-Krause, Vetteworks, Crow setup HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 AM
EmilT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brey-Krause, Vetteworks, Crow setup HPDE

Brey-Krause, Vetteworks, Crow setup for HPDE. I think my HPDE days are behind me. I have a budget setup for the track that was designed to keep me positioned in the car. To that end it was quite effective. There is quite a bit of controversy about the safety and effectiveness of various setups. As my aspirations did not involve auditioning for Formula 1, I primarily wanted a budget setup that would keep me positioned in the car so as not to expend so much energy just fighting displacement forces. It consisted of a Brey-Krause harness bar with C6-Z06 install hardware, a Vetteworks harness mount, and a Crow (2009 certified) Corvette harness. It all worked quite well with the stock seat, and allowed for use of the factory three point belt to eliminate DIC messages and chimes.

Now, as sanctioning bodies are becoming more strict regarding seats, belts, mounts, etc., what I did was to go through tech inspection without the bar and harness in place. In other words, tech inspection was done with just the factory belt. After tech, I would install the bar (four bolts) with the shoulder harness already attached and pre-adjusted, snap in the lap belts, and thread the anti-sub belts up under the seat back. A few minutes is all it took.

Now, I will not remove the Brey-Krause mounts until the weather warms up because the plastic parts do not do well in cold weather. I'm hoping that March will bring some weather warm enough to remove the mounts. I already have obtained the un-cut sail panels to replace the ones with the holes cut for the mounting studs for the bar. So I can include the precut sail panels if and when I sell.

My question is, should I try to sell the whole setup as a unit (remember it is C6-Z06 specific as some of the hardware is unique, although the standard C6 hardware can be obtained via Brey-Krause) or should I try to sell the setup as individual pieces?

http://www.bkauto.com/corvette/r1120.php

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=138&products_id=1 47

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....g~cadeikca~036

I do not have the cam-lok harness, I have the latching harness. with a sternum strap. It is Black
Old 02-17-2010, 08:57 PM
OZ51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

List it as a package if thats what you want to do. You'll probably get inquiries about breaking up the package. You can better gauge your sales approach once you have some feedback from the listing. Would buy the package myself if I didn't already have one. Good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: Brey-Krause, Vetteworks, Crow setup HPDE