Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get on track with ECS! NJMP - Lightning Circut

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Get on track with ECS! NJMP - Lightning Circuit

Here's our first Road Course Day for the upcoming season!!!

Mark your calenders!

JULY 16th, 2010!!!

New Jersey Motorsports Parks Lightning Circuit!!!

Limited Space is available so we can keep "on track" time maximized!

Last year I personally saw 4+ hours of on track time.

BONUS!!!!
On the same date, the Grand Am Rolex Series will be practicing on NJMP's Thunderbolt Course.... All ECS attendees will have full acess to the track.... a great opportunity to see the pros going at it, and I'd imagine a good opportunity for Pics!!!

So come on out, it should be a great event.

Register on line at www.hookedondriving.com/ecsdiscount

Register early!!!!!

BTW - Any Vendors who want to get some exposure at the event, there will be a a number of door prizes given away at lunch (provided with entry). If you want to get on board, shoot me a PM or email!

See you all there!!!

Last edited by Mike69@ECS; 02-19-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
SHOCheapRacing
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like fun.

I hope to sign up.

Tom
Old 02-17-2010, 03:19 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be there as usual...is this your 3rd year?

For those considering this event or thinking about traveling to NJMP for the first time, this is THE event to attend, TONS AND TONS of track time. I think last year they ran 3 groups and you basically ran almost every hour on the hour. I skipped a few sessions and still got more than the typical HPDE day.

Grand Am sounds like a bonus...great way to meet Lou practicing in his new Corvette!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:24 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm in, just signed up. I was at the same event two summers ago with HOD. Lightning is a fun little track and the HOD folks put on a good event.

Brad
Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Yep! I think this is our 3rd year...the first one was opening day for Thunderbolt.... somehow we always seem to find tons of track time. Hey, we don't do this to sit in the paddock, right?

Last years event was two days.... One day on lightning, the second on thunderbolt.... I corded my front tires, and burned a set of brakes and one rotor. lol. Over 8 hrs of track time in two days. I dont even want to think about what it cost me in fuel... lol, but wow, it was alot of track time.

I'm hoping we can get another date this year for the Glen, and maybe Thunderbolt...

Last edited by Mike69@ECS; 02-17-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:05 AM
bigwoolyg
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike69
Yep! I think this is our 3rd year...the first one was opening day for Thunderbolt.... somehow we always seem to find tons of track time. Hey, we don't do this to sit in the paddock, right?

Last years event was two days.... One day on lightning, the second on thunderbolt.... I corded my front tires, and burned a set of brakes and one rotor. lol. Over 8 hrs of track time in two days. I dont even want to think about what it cost me in fuel... lol, but wow, it was alot of track time.

I'm hoping we can get another date this year for the Glen, and maybe Thunderbolt...
What does the day typically go like? Do you have any agenda/schedule?

How is track time determined?

I'm trying to get 4-5 of my friends to sign up - would we have a shot at follow/lead together out there?

Sorry for the noob questions..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by bigwoolyg
What does the day typically go like? Do you have any agenda/schedule?

How is track time determined?

I'm trying to get 4-5 of my friends to sign up - would we have a shot at follow/lead together out there?

Sorry for the noob questions..

Ask away! Thats what these days are for!!

We will have a drivers meeting first thing, which will explain things like flag stations, what the flags mean, track etiquette, track layout and so on. There will be a set schedule for each run group that is followed very closely so you can easily keep track of when your group is going on track.

You can absolutely do "lead-follows" with your buddies, so please get them to sign up, this is exactly the type of day that guys that are new to this will love. We make it very easy, and Hooked on Driving puts on a great event with a nice lunch. Just don't say we didn't warn you that this will be one of the best days you have ever had with your Corvette, and it may cause a new addiction!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:41 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

To back up what Doug is saying about this event being a great, relaxed way to get your car on the track (whether your first time or 50th time): a couple years ago I attended my very first track day with this same Hooked On Driving team (Joe Mills) at Pocono North and was immediately "hooked" (sorry for the cliche'). I literally spent hours out on the track either driving my car or riding shotgun with an instructor. It was/is without a doubt the most fun sport I've ever participated in. HOD and ECS also tend to attract a little more upscale cliental - so you typically see some very nice cars and less of the ricers so prevelent at many other track events. If anyone out there reading this, who has never done a track event, is remotely interested in seeing what its all about - this is a perfect event to attend.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 PM
bigwoolyg
Pro

Originally Posted by argonaut
To back up what Doug is saying about this event being a great, relaxed way to get your car on the track (whether your first time or 50th time): a couple years ago I attended my very first track day with this same Hooked On Driving team (Joe Mills) at Pocono North and was immediately "hooked" (sorry for the cliche'). I literally spent hours out on the track either driving my car or riding shotgun with an instructor. It was/is without a doubt the most fun sport I've ever participated in. HOD and ECS also tend to attract a little more upscale cliental - so you typically see some very nice cars and less of the ricers so prevelent at many other track events. If anyone out there reading this, who has never done a track event, is remotely interested in seeing what its all about - this is a perfect event to attend.
so let me ask, is the vent limited to us Vetteristocrats or are ricers allowed too? I have 1 911TT, one Evo, one Mazdaspeed3, and one GTI in addition to my Z06 and a friend with a 2005 coupe. All welcome?
Old 02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
richgoat
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

so let me ask, is the vent limited to us Vetteristocrats or are ricers allowed too? I have 1 911TT, one Evo, one Mazdaspeed3, and one GTI in addition to my Z06 and a friend with a 2005 coupe. All welcome?
Hey carrot top...

You don't have those cars, your friends do!

I know Adam is very interested with the 911TT.

You should bring the 335i as well...
Old 02-18-2010, 02:49 PM
bigwoolyg
Pro

Originally Posted by richgoat
Hey carrot top...

You don't have those cars, your friends do!

I know Adam is very interested with the 911TT.

You should bring the 335i as well...
Hey man-*****, I think it was implied - unless anyone on here thought I was bringing a car carrier.. Would love to do some time with the 335, but can only drive one car at a time - know anyone who would drive it down for me?
Old 02-18-2010, 02:54 PM
richgoat
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Hey man-*****, I think it was implied - unless anyone on here thought I was bringing a car carrier.. Would love to do some time with the 335, but can only drive one car at a time - know anyone who would drive it down for me?
we could figure it out. I'm sure Darren won't bring the Mazda, and I doubt Wally will be tracking the rabbit.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:02 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOCheapRacing
Sounds like fun.

I hope to sign up.

Tom
make sure you're rolling tape this time when you go dirt exploring
Old 02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

All are welcome... And I think you guys will fit in just fine.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
24hr Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All signed up and ready good to go.. thanks guys
Old 02-19-2010, 08:50 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

I'm surprised how fast this has been filling up for being so early in the season, if your on the fence, don't wait too long!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Keep it going I'd like to see this filled sooner rather than later...

Get notified of new replies

To Get on track with ECS! NJMP - Lightning Circut

Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

All run groups still have room!!! Lets fill it up!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:25 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I will probably sign up in the next week or so Mike. I am trying to plan out my summer events
Just wish I had a tire trailer to pull behind me Hint Hint
Old 03-30-2010, 02:24 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by PA Z06
I will probably sign up in the next week or so Mike. I am trying to plan out my summer events
Just wish I had a tire trailer to pull behind me Hint Hint

I thought Mike had one for sale?

Quick Reply: Get on track with ECS! NJMP - Lightning Circut