Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Props to a couple of vendors - Racing Suit

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:33 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Props to a couple of vendors - Racing Suit

I need to compliment one vendor for standing behind there product with a return, and another for providing a terrific value and quick service.
The first vendor is K1 Speed. They are essentially a Karting shop. I went down to thier Carlsbad proshop on a Friday, unfortunately the guys that run the proshop were off racing in Las Vegas. The center manager (they run high speed electirc karts indoors, was very helpful. The suit I had gone to look at SFI rated proban, was available in my size. In any event I couldn't get past the smell of the material. I tried on a really first class karting drivers suit with 100% cotton innerliner. It fit ok and was reasonably priced, so I picked it up. Later I was advised that a 100% polyester cordura suit was not advisable for autoracing and HPDE. I returned it, they send a check back rather than credit the card but were very quick.

Found an SFI rated single layer Nomex suit by Lico at Saferacer.com. I am a XXXL, the suit which is the discount brand for Sparco was $110 with shipping. Great price, better suit, fits great, fast delivery. Very happy with both vendors.

Wanted to share.

Quick Reply: Props to a couple of vendors - Racing Suit