Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to my first AX school

Old 02-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Henry D
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to my first AX school

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say where I went based on forum rules, but I will say I had a complete blast! I'm more of a drag racer than an corner carver, but after today; that has changed. I'm hooked and can't wait to do it again!

Old 02-21-2010, 03:37 AM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are allowed to say which school it was and where it was.

We mention company names all the time here, and we give our completely honest opinions of them too. In fact, we encourage this kind of open discussion, so the rest of us can benefit from your experience (good or bad) with that company.

Last edited by bobmoore2; 02-21-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

It pays to go back and do the school again later after you have more seat time. Different light bulbs will come on and you'll get just as much out of it the 2nd time.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome....You have just stepped onto a very slippery slope. You are going to really enjoy the ride
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Henry D
Advanced

Thanks bobmoore2.

It was the Evolution Performance Driving School. Talk about a great atmosphere and the instructors were top notch. The in car guidance was incredible and I dropped 9 seconds by the end of the day. The cool part was we had wet conditions in the morning and it was dry by the afternoon session.

There was a Porsche GT3 there that hauled, running 33 seconds. On the first run, my instructor ran a 34.1, which I didn't think was possible. I managed a 35.5 and that was plenty to put a smile on my face.

Jason, without a doubt, I'm planning to do it again.

Charley, thanks man. It was something else. Funny thing is, my upper body is a little sore from it, LOL.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:48 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Evolution school should definately by on the to do list for anyone regardless of driving experience.....

In the who is who world of top autocrossers , 99% have been through the school.....The school will provide lessons that will help in other aspects as well such as running on roadcourses....

Its cool to get all of the differences in opinion between the instructors ...there are multiple ways to get-r-done.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Welcome to the dark side.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you signed up yet for the practice and champ race on March 6th and 7th? Just a few weekends left to practice before the ProSolo will be here. March and April are the two busiest (and most fun) months for Autocross in SoCal.

With your drag racing experience you will really like doing ProSolo.....It uses two side by side autocross courses that use a Christmas tree drag race start. It is the most fun race of the year.

Like I said.....it is a slippery slope

Last edited by Charley Hoyt; 02-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Henry D
Advanced

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
Have you signed up yet for the practice and champ race on March 6th and 7th? Just a few weekends left to practice before the ProSolo will be here. March and April are the two busiest (and most fun) months for Autocross in SoCal.

With your drag racing experience you will really like doing ProSolo.....It uses two side by side autocross courses that use a Christmas tree drag race start. It is the most fun race of the year.

Like I said.....it is a slippery slope
Nice, thanks for letting me know - I had no idea that was even going on. As of right now, I'm looking into the Mojave Mile, which is on the same weekend so I may miss it.

Either way, I need to check out the Solo2 website and see what their upcoming schedule is like.

Get notified of new replies

To Went to my first AX school

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Went to my first AX school