Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hub to hub difference, C5, C6 rear, project car info needed

Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hub to hub difference, C5, C6 rear, project car info needed

I thought about posting on the C5 or C6 forum but this is a bit more specific than may be known there. I have a C5 but completely torn down, my C6 I can measure but not able to put it on the ground at the moment.

I am installing a 53 Study body onto my C5 chassis, I have the body now, it is much narrower in the rear than the front. I want as much rubber under the back of the car as possible without flairing fenders(it would be exceptionally difficult to do that right without ruining the fluid lines this car has). I think I have read the C6 is narrower and I would just have to swap the subframe and or control arms.

Anybody know for sure let me know, please

By the way, this car will be a street car but fully caged, race seats, harnesses, maybe QR rear wing and splitter, it will see the track and be pretty fast, maybe run some TT, etc.....so this thread is a bit track related

Thanks!
Rick
Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
I thought about posting on the C5 or C6 forum but this is a bit more specific than may be known there. I have a C5 but completely torn down, my C6 I can measure but not able to put it on the ground at the moment.

I am installing a 53 Study body onto my C5 chassis, I have the body now, it is much narrower in the rear than the front. I want as much rubber under the back of the car as possible without flairing fenders(it would be exceptionally difficult to do that right without ruining the fluid lines this car has). I think I have read the C6 is narrower and I would just have to swap the subframe and or control arms.

Anybody know for sure let me know, please

By the way, this car will be a street car but fully caged, race seats, harnesses, maybe QR rear wing and splitter, it will see the track and be pretty fast, maybe run some TT, etc.....so this thread is a bit track related

Thanks!
Rick
we have a guy in our club putting the ZR1 hubs on a C5
Old 02-27-2010, 01:46 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was able to figure it out, had some help moving parts around to I could get to my C5 bits, they only difference I could measure was the placement of the rear control arms further aft which gives the car the 1.2" longer wheelbase.

There are differences in the track width(actually determined by tire/wheel width and offset as well as hub location) but not from the control arms or pickup points, not enough to mater at least. I will have to measure the hub thickness when I pull the rear wheels off the C6 next but am sure they are the same as the C6 anyway.

It will be a bit of a challenge fitting wide enough rear tires under the Studebaker body without flairing the fenders which would be tough to do right on this car without ruining the cool lines. (I can roll them a bit at least or mild metal working to get a bit more width). I have looked at ideas like IMSA style flairs, etc...not so cool)

Thanks
Rick

Last edited by RAAMaudio; 02-27-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hub to hub difference, C5, C6 rear, project car info needed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hub to hub difference, C5, C6 rear, project car info needed