Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2 SETS C4 CCW Classic Race Wheels with black centers...ALMOST NEW!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 2 SETS C4 CCW Classic Race Wheels with black centers...ALMOST NEW!!

I have 2 sets of 18X12 CCW Classics for sale. They are the race versions (The version that is lighter than the streets and don't have the ability to run center caps). All of them have the black centers with the polished lips.

1 set has been used at about 6 track days. They have some brake dust on them right now since I haven't washed them but I'm sure it will clean right off and the rims themselves are all in perfect condition. The tires that are on them are corded and are not good for anything. If the buyer pays for it I can have the tires dismounted to save the buyer on shipping if they wish.

The 2nd set has 1 day of use(YES 1 Day...probably only 2-3 15-20 minute open track session!). I was in Iraq and as a gift to my Dad I let him use my C4 instead of his C4 and let him use my slicks. They were BRAND NEW tires and rims when he put them on that morning. He was VERY easy on the car on track and just drove it around having fun. It has VERY light brake dust on it but other than that is brand new...I'm sure you could just wipe it off with a duster it's that light! The tires that are on it are Hoosier Porsche cup tires (the compound before R6's...I think they are RS304's)that are a few years old. They were sticker tires when ran at the one track day and the car was run very lightly and so they still have 90% left. The rubber obviously isn't the softest anymore but I bought them from John at CCW and since owning them they have been kept in heated storage so I am pretty sure they have always been in a temperature controlled building. They do not have as much traction as brand new Michelins or sticker A6/R6's but they still have more grip than a street tire I am sure and being that they are 335/30/18's the footprint is there for a lot of grip once warmed up. If the buyer wants to pay to have these dismounted to save on shipping I am sure I can find a use for them since they still have a ton of tread left.

Now I know that many people do not run 4 18X12" rims on their C4's...However these were bought right from John at CCW. They were ALL made with front C4 spacing to allow rotating the wheels to allow the user to try to keep tire wear even. The rears need to have 1/2 spacers to clear the inner fender wall. That means that the rear hub studs need to be longer but it is not a hard job to do. I will include the 1/2" spacers that CCW made me with the more used set of rims if the buyer buys all 4...if not then one of the buyers for the used set will need to buy their own 1/2" spacer and the buyer for the first set gets the spacer. Having 335's on the front is GREAT at the track. You would not believe how much you can push the car without understeering with those up front. They will rub if you turn the wheel to far but on a road race course your never going to have to get to that point while out on track. In a tight parking lot or pit you may need to make a 3 step turn but out on track they will be fine.

Here's why I bought 2 identical sets: The best part about having all identical rims is being able to just grab any of the rims out of the trailer should you cord just 1 tire or have 1 tire go flat or something. You don't need to worry about what way the tire is mounted for the correct rotation as they are all the same. You also don't have to worry about cording the fronts or rears as you could just grab a spare and put it on any corner and it's going to be the same.

I would like to sell both sets as complete sets...HOWEVER I know that many of you probably don't want to run 18X12's on all 4 corners.

If 2 buyers agree to split up a set I will split up the set and sell to both buyers...I just don't want to be left with 2 of the more used rims and 2 of the 1 day rims though. I also do not want to sell 1 pair of 2 rims to the first buyer that comes along without having the other matching pair spoken for as this could end up with me having a pair of 2 rims with it's matching set sold. Basically buy all 4 or I will need to wait to sell the other 2 from that matched set before I can mail yours...Sorry but I don't want to be left with only 2 matching rims and no buyer for the remaining 2 rims. Obviously I would highly prefer to sell the entire set to one buyer each but I realize that might not be a realistic goal so that is why I am willing to separate the sets.

Now for price:
The set with 6 track days: $1600 OBO...that's $600 cheaper than new so that's a free rim basically and these are nearly brand new. If the set is going to be split up: 2 wheels for $800 OBO a person.

The set with 1 track day: $1900 OBO...that's $300 cheaper than new and it probably only has half an hour worth of driving on it PLUS it has tires...that's basically free tires thrown into a very well priced rim package. If the set is going to split up then it will be $950 OBO a person for the 2 wheels.

Here's some pictures:

^^Testing the fitment when we first received the wheels

^^Comparing the 335 to a 275

^^A 275 next to the 335

^^^The front has -2.5 degrees of camber in this picture so the gap would be more if less camber was run. We backed the front camber down to -2 once we added the 335's up front since they were so wide you didn't need that extra -.5 degree.

^^The 335 next to a tire that is a 205/50/15.

^^How much rubber 8 18X12's with 335's really is.

^^The more used set of wheels the last time they were used...as you can sort of see they are near perfect even after 6 track days. Just a little wash and they are brand new.

^^^^^The more used set of wheels the last time they were used...as you can sort of see they are near perfect even after 6 track days. Just a little wash and they are brand new.

ALL pictures of them mounted on the car is the more used set. Obviously when I am saying "more used" I use that very loosely as they still have only been used 6 track days or about 500-700 miles...the tires that are on them have been the only tires that have ever been on them... so they are in NO way heavily used track wheels that are all messed up from many days on track.

I will try to get some more pictures detailing just how nice these wheels are soon but they are in our heated storage garage and it might be a week or so before I can get down there to take pictures since I am an over the road truck driver.

Buyer is responsible for shipping...However being an over the road truck driver I might drive through your city with my semi a lot or be able to get a load out that way in which case I could put the wheels in my cab and deliver them to you for free.

Thanks for looking. Sorry for the very long post. I just like to detail EXACTLY what I am selling for people so they know how good of a deal this truly is.

Keep in mind that resonable offers will still be considered.

Any questions feel free to call: (651)707-6584

-Eric

PS I would LOVE to keep these but I need to buy a 72" wing and splitter for my C5:Cannonball Run car I am building and could use the extra money since I will not be tracking the C4 very much this year so that's why I am selling them.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offset / backspace

I have a C5, 2003, not a C4. I need to know the offset / backspace to determine if the wheel could be useful to me. I may be interested in 2 wheels for the rear but need to assess this further.
Thanks
Mike
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

I will call CCW and find out for sure. I tried to see if I could get new center sections made and I am pretty sure they said I couldn't...but I will check on that and also get the specs on the spacing so that you can know if they will work on a C5 rear or not.

Also I will try to get down to our shop and wash and take pictures of every wheel on Friday or Saturday for anyone interested.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:49 AM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Thanks for the help
M.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Crepitus
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your vette early or late offset? I didnt catch what year your car is.

Thanks
Dave
Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

It's an 87...I am thinking that's the early offset but not sure...anyone else know?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Talked to CCW today. I forget the exact number in my semi truck but I am 99.9% sure John at CCW said my order was for C4 rims with 44mm offset. He said they would stick out a ton on a C5...said it would be about 1 1/4"s on a C5. He said that for $150 a wheel they could re-make the center section and make a very thin center section and it would work on a C5 and clear the STOCK rear C5 brakes but not anything bigger. He said it really is a C4 setup unless you had a C5 with wider fenders or had new center sections made for the rims.

I didn't get to take any pictures yet but I will get down there probably Saturday night and post them here then.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:43 AM
michaelkrelina
Instructor

Originally Posted by Git Er Dun
Talked to CCW today. I forget the exact number in my semi truck but I am 99.9% sure John at CCW said my order was for C4 rims with 44mm offset. He said they would stick out a ton on a C5...said it would be about 1 1/4"s on a C5. He said that for $150 a wheel they could re-make the center section and make a very thin center section and it would work on a C5 and clear the STOCK rear C5 brakes but not anything bigger. He said it really is a C4 setup unless you had a C5 with wider fenders or had new center sections made for the rims.

I didn't get to take any pictures yet but I will get down there probably Saturday night and post them here then.
Many thanks for the information. Obviously, other interested C4 drivers should have first crack at these wheels. We can stay in touch in case you have some wheels left in the end.
Mike

Last edited by michaelkrelina; 03-05-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Ok sounds good. They would work great for C4 guys or C5 guys that have larger fenders and want flush wheels or spend $300 for new center sections... but really I guess they would work the best for C4's.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Ok here's the pictures I took. Sorry but I forgot what wheel number belongs to what set. If I am looking at them in person I can see a bit more use out of the one set so I will be able to make sure that if you buy the 4 basically new wheels you will get all 4 of them. You can sort of tell the difference from the pictures but it's hard without seeing them in person because they are all in very good condition. You could look at the tread picture of each wheel and probably take a pretty good guess if you can't tell based on the outer rim picture.

I simply washed the rim with about 2 passes over with the sponge and soapy water so obviously you could spend a bit more time on them or use a polish and they would look brand new probably...I just wanted to get some of the dust off of them before I took pictures...there wasn't even that much dust though.

The 1st wheel has some water spots or something on it's rim lip. A simple wheel polish would take them out I'm sure but soap and water didn't. Just a little polishing and they would come right...I just didn't have time at 10:30PM to try polishing it.

All the other ones look great. I'm sure they could all use a polish but they really do look nice.

To tell what wheel you are looking at I named each picture. The 1st wheel's pictures are all named "1X" with the "X" corrisponding to the picture number of that wheel...

Example: "11" would be the 1st wheel and the 1st picture of that wheel. "14" would be the 1st wheel and the 4th picture of that wheel.

"35" would be the 3rd wheel and the 5th picture of that wheel.

I hope it's not that confusing for anyone...if it is I can name them simplier but I have to wake up in 4 hours to go back to trucking and my internet is slower on the road so I just wanted to post the pictures here for you guys and try to get some sleep.

If you are looking for a show car rim...these might work just fine but they are NOT brand new wheels from CCW at this point. For a track car they are the best. For a show car that might hit the track sometimes...well these probably would work ok for you too. They are not perfect rims but they look great and you have to get down and really look at the rim to spot the imperfections...all of which I'm pretty sure a little polish would smooth out.

Any more questions or picture requests just ask.

Thanks -Eric

Now here's the pics:

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20For%20sale/

^^Put in the guest password as "password8"

Last edited by Git Er Dun; 03-08-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

$1900 set pending sale.

$1600 set still not sold.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Both sets are SOLD. Thanks for the interest.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:22 AM
ERND IT
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI-3 Car Show Winner
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

congrats on the sale(s)

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2 SETS C4 CCW Classic Race Wheels with black centers...ALMOST NEW!!

Quick Reply: FS: 2 SETS C4 CCW Classic Race Wheels with black centers...ALMOST NEW!!