Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Pfadt passenger Side Seat Mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 07:59 AM
txst
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Problems with Pfadt passenger Side Seat Mount

I have used the Pfadt drivers side seat mount for my C5 Z06 with no problems, but yesterday I went to install a passenger side race seat and have interference at the front inside mount. There is something (perhaps the yaw sensor?) under the carpet which prevents the mount from bolting down. I was thinking of replacing the seat mount bolts with longer bolts and putting spacers under the 4 corners, but was wondering if anyone else had a solution?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/albu...ictureid=47306

Thanks.

Steve
Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have hard bar seat mounts, and I just cut the carpet and removed the yaw senser, I think its 2 8mm bolts . I then drilled 2 holes in my seat bracket and reattached. If you dont want to drill holes just zip tie the yaw sensor to the seat bracket. If you have any problems feel free to pm me, I can dig up some pictures if you need.
Nando
Old 03-01-2010, 01:38 PM
txst
Instructor

Thanks, Nando.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 PM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't the yaw sensors affected if not level with the car? I would not recommend a zip tie attachment.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
DansBlkonBlkZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the same race seat mounts a few weeks ago. I had to bend the bracket so it would go over the yaw sensor. I then used a few thick washers to get the bottom of the bracket higher. I had to push the end of the bracket down pretty hard to get the nut started. I guess I could have relocated the senor, but I didn't want to cut my carpet. I used the Sparco bottom bracket for the driver's side (pfadt had discontinued the driver's side bottom mount and is redesigning it). The Sparco fit nicely but I had to add a cross bar for my submarine belt attachment. I have some extra cross bars if you need one (PM me).
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
txst
Instructor

I would think you would need to be careful relocating the yaw sensor to keep it in the same orientation. Is there enough wire harness length to move the sensor further under the seat away from the seat mounting rail?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:13 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by txst
I would think you would need to be careful relocating the yaw sensor to keep it in the same orientation. Is there enough wire harness length to move the sensor further under the seat away from the seat mounting rail?
I believe I was told by several people that you can move the yaw sensor around. I thought it would be easiest to just drill hole. I did remove the mounting tabs from the yaw sensor to make it work. I will try to find pictures tonight. But there is not much slack in the wire.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:21 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

I have the Pfadt mounts on both sides and they fit with no problems. But, our FRC doesn't have Active Handling, so that may be why. I'd try the biggest diameter fender washers I could get and do them one-layer-at-a-time on all 4 bolts until it clears.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

That is the lateral G sensor under the passenger seat. The yaw sensor is in the area under the radio. The yaw sensor can't be moved as it has to be located relative to the car.

I used a C5 manual seat track to mount my Ultrashield seat on the passenger side. When I moved to the C6Z that gave just enough room to clear the On Star module.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Problems with Pfadt passenger Side Seat Mount

Quick Reply: Problems with Pfadt passenger Side Seat Mount