Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brian Kubinski and Ron Fellows Team Up in World Challenge GT!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Brian Kubinski and Ron Fellows Team Up in World Challenge GT!

I'm happy to see Brian make this connection. Brian has helped me tremendously with my driving skills over the years and mentoring me mentally.

Brian Kubinski to drive for CRP Racing in World Challenge Season Opener at St. Petersburg

(Mar. 15, 2010) - CRP Racing will return to the World Challenge Championships with veteran driver Brian Kubinski, of Shorewood, IL, driving the Cragar Wheels/CRP Corvette in the first race of the season at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg March 26-28.

Kubinski will open the season for CRP Racing.

Kubinski, who won the 2007 Piloti World Challenge GT Rookie of the Year Award and had a career high finish of 3rd at the 2009 Harrah's Autobahn Grand Prix, will run four races in three events in the CRP Racing/Cragar Wheels Corvette.

"This is a great opportunity for me, having a teammate like Ron Fellows, a sponsor of Cragar Wheels magnitude, an associate like Brad Whitford of Aerosmith and Nicholas Short at the helm,” Kubinski said. “This is a team full of great potential.”

“Brian is a very talented driver and I"m thrilled to be starting the racing season with him at the wheel,” said Nicholas Short, owner of CRP Racing. “To say we’re excited about the 2010 season would be an understatement. With the skill and talent of Brian Kubinski and teammate Ron Fellows, and the support of a powerhouse sponsor like Cragar Wheels, I anticipate a highly successful season of racing!”

Sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing and managed by WC Vision, the World Challenge Championship will offer three categories this year - GT, GTS and Touring Car. The series will feature 12 races at eight different venues, beginning with the doubleheader weekend at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg March 26-28. For more information please visit www.world-challenge.com and www.CompetitionRaceParts.com.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I'm really glad to see this - I think I monopolized all of Brian's time at the first Track Attack and he's a really great guy and a very good instructor. I just hope we get some decent coverage of the series this year.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:28 PM
jhester
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Brian was/is always an awesome, really nice and approachable guy at the track; glad to see good things happen for good people.

Mike, do you know if this Corvette is still the old LGM chassis from 2007?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would like some mentoring but not from Brian or Ron in the pictures

Last time I watched the TV race format of WC it was horrible!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife thought Fellows was Pacino in that pic. "Al Pacino drives a Corvette?"
Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

right now that's the only thing WC has going for it.

Get notified of new replies

To Brian Kubinski and Ron Fellows Team Up in World Challenge GT!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brian Kubinski and Ron Fellows Team Up in World Challenge GT!