Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Factories - Porsche Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:24 PM
StompAndGo
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Porsche GT3 is the first car w/Centerlock wheels??

So check this out: while watching "Ultimate Factories - Porsche Edition" last night, we hear from Mr. Andreas Preuninger of Porsche AG, the GT3 Product Manager....and I quote...

"Porsche [GT3] is the first factory street car to feature Centerlock wheels."

Now, I don't know for sure that Corvette was the first, but I'm damn sure that 1964 pre-dates the current GT3!!

Is Porsche that bold to just outright lie to the public like that? It infuriates me to think that even one person out there believes that Porsche wears this crown.

I, for one, think this warrants a public retraction.

Last edited by StompAndGo; 03-20-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Title change
Old 03-19-2010, 12:32 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by StompAndGo
So check this out: while watching this show last night, we hear from Mr. Andreas Preuninger of Porsche AG, the GT3 Product Manager....and I quote...

"Porsche [GT3] is the first factory street car to feature Centerlock wheels."

Now, I don't know for sure that Corvette was the first, but I'm damn sure that 1964 pre-dates the current GT3!!

Is Porsche that bold to just outright lie to the public like that? It infuriates me to think that even one person out there believes that Porsche wears this crown.

I, for one, think this warrants a public retraction.

Who's with me??
Hell, my 1961 MGA had knock off (spinner) center lock wheels. Had a nice brass hammer to knock 'em off. I you missed you took a chance of breaking a spoke or two on the (real) wire wheels.

This guy is a dummy.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Factories - Porsche Edition