Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL and o2 sensor codes while at the track...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:31 PM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default CEL and o2 sensor codes while at the track...

During 2 different sessions I got a CEL. Came in and checked it and it was for bank 1&2 o2 sensor high voltage readings... Codes are P0138 and P0158... I reset the CEL and cooled the car down and ran another session no issue. But, it did come back, but after I cleared it the 2nd time it did not come back. Drove 100+ miles home from the track, did not come back

I have had the car for 6 months and done some 1/4 mile pulls with no issues. I drive the car fairly hard and never had any issues. I searched and found this thread

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...the-track.html

I was just curious if anyone had any more info? Thanks!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 AM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you might have cooked your cats. I did after a couple of years tracking the car, they were still under federal warranty so GM gave me some new ones.

I had similar symptoms - those same codes (i think - bank 1/2, second sensor) that kept coming and going.

Originally Posted by bags142
During 2 different sessions I got a CEL. Came in and checked it and it was for bank 1&2 o2 sensor high voltage readings... Codes are P0138 and P0158... I reset the CEL and cooled the car down and ran another session no issue. But, it did come back, but after I cleared it the 2nd time it did not come back. Drove 100+ miles home from the track, did not come back

I have had the car for 6 months and done some 1/4 mile pulls with no issues. I drive the car fairly hard and never had any issues. I searched and found this thread

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...the-track.html

I was just curious if anyone had any more info? Thanks!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
bags142
Pro

Originally Posted by longdaddy
you might have cooked your cats. I did after a couple of years tracking the car, they were still under federal warranty so GM gave me some new ones.

I had similar symptoms - those same codes (i think - bank 1/2, second sensor) that kept coming and going.
Hmmm... if I cooked them, might as well go straight pipes!! They are over 10 years old
Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

Primary or secondary o2's? If secondary, then tune them out or ignore them. I don't have access to dtc's at the moment
Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 PM
bags142
Pro

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
Primary or secondary o2's? If secondary, then tune them out or ignore them. I don't have access to dtc's at the moment
Honestly, I don't know... I don't think it called out which one on my code scanner.. or I just missed it.. dod more research and found it could be bad gas.... put in a fresh tank from a different gas station I will see what happens

Get notified of new replies

To CEL and o2 sensor codes while at the track...

Quick Reply: CEL and o2 sensor codes while at the track...