Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome day for tracking at VIR yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:28 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Awesome day for tracking at VIR yesterday!

Did VIR with PCA Wilderness club yesterday. 72*, slightly overcast, not a sellout. Small classes with plenty of track time to work on things. From 1:00 -5:00 , intermediate class could run with the advanced or beginners. Plenty of open track and fast cars if you needed to run with the big boys. I got to work on my left foot braking, heel/toe shifting, different tire pressures. Hec, I even got brave enough to heel/toe going into turn 1, slid left foot onto brake pedal to continue braking and had right foot on throttle ready for exit. That is going to need some work. Just need to look at video to see if lap times got any better. I hope the weather is as good for the NASA guys this weekend. Just nice to have a full track day without issues.

The PCA Wilderness is doing another VIR the 27th of May. They are a good group to run with. Really flexible with schedules and you always get more track time than they advertise - all for $250. Hope to see some of you out there in May.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't understand why they only do a single day. The guy running it, Stan I think, lives over by me and it's a 4-5 hour drive to the track .... not real practical at that distance.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
71corv
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Sorry I missed this event this year. Weather was a heck of a lot better than last year. Glad to see that everything went all right. May see you at the May event.

Gene
Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I expected to see you there as you don't miss much. I have the May one on my calendar. Hope to see you there.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:00 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I have run with Stan and his Wilderness Trail group before as well. Good bunch of guys and they run a great, laid-back event with lots of track time.

Glad to see you practicing some of Chuck's lessons. We will be up there next weekend with THSCC. Normal HPDE groups with a Time Trial race each afternoon.

-Kevin

Get notified of new replies

To Awesome day for tracking at VIR yesterday!

Quick Reply: Awesome day for tracking at VIR yesterday!